Printing plain staff paper with Musescore?

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by mrizzone, Sep 24, 2013.

1. chef8489

chef8489 Piano User

Aug 8, 2011
    Asheville nc
    I grew up all over the world not just in Texas, but i had these 3 pens before i started playing again.

2. Ed Lee

Ed Lee Utimate User

Aug 16, 2009
    Jackson NC
    I could likely write a book on fountain pens and the technical nomenclature that now extends much further than those my Father and earlier ancestors used. No, I won't bore most of you and do so. I'll just say a few now repose in my bank safety deposit box, the value of a select individual pen might just be higher than the cost of a new Monette trumpet. I know the answer, but I'll toss the question of: Why were fountain pens fitted with gold pen nibs? Not all of them ...just a select few. Too, if you have one that you'd like repaired, Fahrney's Pen Shop in Washington D.C. is the place to send it to. Once upon a time, I was an expert called into U.S. Customs Court on their behalf. Well, if it's a pen they have it or can get it for you ... assuming such is still manufactured. Now where in my mess is the Quink? I will contradict Wikipedia on description of a fountain pen to the extent that not all of them utilize a water based ink. Now you know why I acquired a small Branson Ultra-Sonic cleaner that I mostly now use to clean my brass instrument mouthpieces.

3. Recursion

Recursion Mezzo Piano User

Jun 22, 2012
    Cape Coral, FL
    1. Hiding the rests, as pointed out by Andrew should work.
    2. Free Blank Sheet Music | flutetunes.com has some nice ones.
    3. I used cartridge-based fountain pens for a couple years in grade school for penmanship studies ... before we "modernized" and began using ball point pens. I have some German fountain pens that I need to dust off. If I now get some pen-based N + 1, I'm going to blame some of you folks! ROFL

4. chef8489

chef8489 Piano User

Aug 8, 2011
    Asheville nc
    Well here is my most expensive pen. Pics dont do it justice. Montblanc Jules Verne.
    [​IMG]

5. Ed Lee

Ed Lee Utimate User

Aug 16, 2009
    Jackson NC
    Cartridges? You ain't so very old, I'll assume. Some very old I've got have the squeeze bladders and a rareby has a vacuum piston. Yeah, technical drawing pens used refillable cartridges filled with permanent India type inks. Many of these were marketed under named such a Keuffle & Esser "Leroy", Dietzgen, Post, Pickett, Koh-I-Noor, yet many of these were manufactured in Germany by Roetring. The answer to the gold pen nib is to use red ink that tended to not flow in pen nibs of other metals.

When I went to school and began using pens (in the 4th grade) they were the dip type and we had ink wells recessed into our school desks. Really, my Mother was the best I've known in penmanship and she was called upon then often for her calligraphy on certificates, diplomas, and formal invitations. Such is not to say my own penmanship is bad, either in cursive or hand lettering, and I've used ink pens for engineering drawing that I filled with a paper clip. Why I now retain such engineering drawing pens and tools is just the nature of my reclusive eccentricity.

No, it ain't Mont Blanc, but daily I carry a pen that uses Mont Blanc refills as are not easy to find hereabout ... but I do have several Mont Blanc pens ... one as is in the safety deposit box due to its gold casing. One of my Father's Schaeffer "white dots" is in the box also for the same reason. Now I did warn you, that I could write about PENS. One advantage is that they don't usurp as much storage space as musical instruments ... but just as a player misses a note, the writer often misspells a word ... and may be in more trouble when they do so. I'll never live that one down ... and I was typing and used an I instead of an O in a use of firearms report. Really, I did not soil my trousers, but that is what I wrote. They need to relocate the I and O on a typewriter keyboard ... and yes, I had the tedium of retyping as we didn't use computers then.

6. tedh1951

tedh1951 Utimate User

Oct 18, 2007
    The Wide Brown Land
    .... and this is where I started too - I was even the Ink Monitor charged with taking the powdered ink and mixing the appropriate amount of water - we filled the ink wells with a distilled water bottle as used to be found in petrol (gas) stations.

7. Buck with a Bach

Buck with a Bach Fortissimo User

Dec 29, 2009
    Canton, Ohio
    I had a few of the cartridge type pens during my school days. Just be careful not to leave undue pressure on the nib. Blobs are the bane of the use of them.....:lol::shock::-(:oops:

8. Recursion

Recursion Mezzo Piano User

Jun 22, 2012
    Cape Coral, FL
    "So very?" Nope! That's like 206 or something, right? ;-)

I have a few Core-series Roetrings. They don't have gold tips, but they write nicely!

Wow! What years was this, Ted? My fountain pen stint was in the mid-70s.

9. tedh1951

tedh1951 Utimate User

Oct 18, 2007
    The Wide Brown Land
    1956-1962 - back when I was often in short pants.

10. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    Wow, back in '56, I was wearing no paints... but my mom told me I toilet trained quickly thereafter... thank you very much...