Private messages

Discussion in 'TM Lounge' started by music matters, Jan 29, 2006.

1. music matters

music matters Pianissimo User

Apr 26, 2004
    ON Canada
    I would appreciate anyone's advice on how the private message system works - I am confused!

I sent a private message to two members on 25th jan. These then appeared in my Outbox. One of these a couple of days later appeared in my sent box, but the other one was still in outbox and still is. Interestingly a message I wrote many months ago to a member is also in the outbox and never appeared in the sent box - did the recipient ever receive this PM? (I never received a reply!)

Am I posting a message wrong? How does the message system work - ie when you post a message when does it actually get sent, as it appears that this can take a long time.

When I post a message - it seems to either then stay permanantly in the Outbox or sometimes gets sent to the sent box, but I still never receive any replies.

I must be doing something wrong!

Graham.

2. rbtrumpet08

rbtrumpet08 Pianissimo User

Dec 28, 2004
    when you send a message, it goes to the outbox. when the person opens the message it goes to the sentbox. so one person must have read your message, and the other person has not read your message.