Problem with Valve 1?

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by Hitman0042, Aug 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rowuk

rowuk Moderator Staff Member

Jun 18, 2006
    Germany
    Hitman,
    you claim to have a trumpet teacher. What do they say? We have been giving you weeks of information that you seem to have some trouble understanding.
    Cold water and no brush is a waste of time when trying to clean a trumpet.

Learning to play the trumpet over the internet is a waste of time because you have no idea who is right. If you take everybodies advice you will fail as not all of it is good and some of it is offered by players with about the qualifications you seem to have.

If you lived in Germany, I would have tried to visit you and given you (and your teacher) a free lesson or two. After that I would know for sure if you are for real or a troll. I find it impossible to believe that the teacher that you claim to have could be so worthless.

2. Hitman0042

Hitman0042 Banned

Aug 9, 2008
    Australia
    what you mean real or troll?

I have a teacher though i only going to lessons for him once a week. Once a week with him but i wanna learn more so thats why i ask you guys lol simple as that. Sometime i have trouble after i see him and have to wait a week. Im am seeing him today for a lesson.

3. trumpetlore

trumpetlore Pianissimo User

Apr 14, 2007
    Rochester, NY
    Hitman,
    I'm happy to set up a webcam meeting with you to go over some basic instrument cleaning if you'd like. Just let send me a private message and let me know.

4. Hitman0042

Hitman0042 Banned

Aug 9, 2008
    Australia
    well i have watched some trumpet cleaning videos. I will get a cleaning kit this weekend.

5. Bach219

Bach219 Mezzo Piano User

Jun 25, 2008
    OH
    When Rowuk said," Real or Troll", he means these people ask questions that are out of the ordinary or just plain wierd (mostly questions that every trumpeter beginning or not should know), and expect chaos or drama. These people, in reality, are smart and we call them Trolls. When he said "Real", he's reffering to people like himself, me, and probably most of the people on this forum.

Why don't you just get a teacher that you can see more often. I remember when I had a private teacher, that I only saw her once a week too. It was frustrating because I had so many questions that I had to wait until the next lesson. Once that next lesson rolled around, I pretty much forgot every question.:-? So I know, it can be hard for some!

6. rowuk

rowuk Moderator Staff Member

Jun 18, 2006
    Germany
    Bach 219,
    Real in this case is a REAL beginner, Troll is a somewhat more advanced player with a political agenda, often dishonorable.

In America you are innocent until proven guilty, and that is fine. That does not rule out healthy suspicion though. I would really like to get in contact with Hitmans teacher - unless they are virtual.

7. Hitman0042

Hitman0042 Banned

Aug 9, 2008
    Australia
    lol honestly rowuk what are you gonna say. I live in Australia!

Thats ok he told me if you have any questions or problems to call me when you like. He fixed my first valve up. He cleaned it up because there was black stuff on it then he made the spring bigger. It helped but its not fully 100% fixed yet.

8. lmf

lmf Forte User

May 16, 2007
    Indiana USA
    Hitman,

You said:

"lol honestly rowuk what are you gonna say. I live in Australia!"

If things are on the "up and up", why not give rowuk the name and email of your teacher, Hitman?

Best wishes,

Lloyd

9. tedh1951

tedh1951 Utimate User

Oct 18, 2007
    The Wide Brown Land
    On the other hand - if he has your best interest at heart - perhaps your tutor could login to TM and follow ALL your posts and answer your queries as they occur - thus overcoming the weekly hiatus you are experiencing.

10. Hitman0042

Hitman0042 Banned

Aug 9, 2008
    Australia
    lol yer about that. He is 72 years old. And he is a bit weird so i dont think his the type to be on TM

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.