Problem with Valve 1?

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by Hitman0042, Aug 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hitman0042

Hitman0042 Banned

Aug 9, 2008
    Australia
    umm well yesterday i played and did 30min. So thats better.

My teacher doesn't play to me -of course he does know how to play the trumpet. he tells me to play and says if ti right or wrong. He does talk about his old times and also talk about the trumpet history, valves, mouthpiece etc. I dont know if his a good teacher or not. i mean he has lots of people going to him for different things. Piano, clarinet, saxophone. There some of the things he also teachers. He has his own doctors and police cops that go to him for learning. If i leave him i will have to travel 45min Each Saturday after work for a half an hour session. With this guy a get 45-60min a session. His strict as well so wen i do something wrong he tell me how to do it.

Last edited: Sep 3, 2008
  2. lmf

lmf Forte User

May 16, 2007
    Indiana USA
    Hitman,

Good to hear you completed thirty minutes of practice.

Keep up the practice!

Best wishes,

Lloyd

3. Decentplayer

Decentplayer Mezzo Forte User

Jan 11, 2008
    USA
    It's the quality of time that matters, not quantity.

4. Hitman0042

Hitman0042 Banned

Aug 9, 2008
    Australia
    true.

Practice doesn't make perfect.
    Perfect Practice makes perfect.

You could be practicing all day but is it good or not?

5. tedh1951

tedh1951 Utimate User

Oct 18, 2007
    The Wide Brown Land
    Hitman - you've put your finger on it.
    (BTW what happened to your spelling, you must have been working on it?)ROFL

6. Hitman0042

Hitman0042 Banned

Aug 9, 2008
    Australia
    ohh well i have laid off the slang considering there are people that are old on this as well (no offense)

7. tedh1951

tedh1951 Utimate User

Oct 18, 2007
    The Wide Brown Land
    Easier to read - thanks. No offence taken. Have you thought that the extra distance travelled for maybe another tutor may just be worth it?

8. Hitman0042

Hitman0042 Banned

Aug 9, 2008
    Australia
    umm yer i guess so. But it would be every Saturday after work. I would be tired then take the tram 45-60 mins away just for 30min lesson. I think this guy is pretty good. I mean he might not play and all that and i think because he has sore gums at the moment. He had a heart attack last year and he is still recovering. So that could be a cause. Look im just saying he tells me wat i practice at home. I go home practice and next lesson he listens to me and tells me if its right or wrong. Last lesson i did it all right just missed out on those breath marks. I must say he does talk alot. But as long as im learning and i can play is good true?

9. trumpetlore

trumpetlore Pianissimo User

Apr 14, 2007
    Rochester, NY
    That's not actually too bad. I knew people who would take the bus for 5 hours each way on the weekends just to get lessons...ahh, the joy of living in farming country in Canada

10. trumpetnick

trumpetnick Fortissimo User

Nov 16, 2005
    Vidin, Bulgaria
    Hitman,

Do we all speak chinese? GET A GOOD TRUMPETER WHO CAN TEACH, not a teacher who probably played long time ago. As Rowuk and many others said, you need a teacher who can not only tell you what and how to do , but also can demonstrate the desired result by playing trumpet.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.