Problems on playing Ad!!

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by shezza, Sep 8, 2011.

1. Ed Lee

Ed Lee Utimate User

Aug 16, 2009
    Jackson NC
    Veery, you're right about matching the Bb instrument to the piano to a point, but only when the concert piano music is in the Key of Bb Major as would otherwise be no sharps or flats in the key signature for the Bb trumpet part.

I'm still to ponder if the OP is referring to the concert Key of A flat Major as would still have 2 sharps in the key signature for the Bb trumpet part, the Bb and the Eb

2. hup_d_dup

hup_d_dup Piano User

May 28, 2009
    Tewksbury, NJ, USA
    Not entirely correct. Berlin learned to play by ear, using primarily the black keys. That put him, usually, in the key of F#. He used transposing pianos – which shift the position of the keyboard relative to the action – to allow him to play in whatever key he preferred (which according to the instructions of his publishers, was never F#). Berlin couldn't read or write music so he hired helpers to write down the songs he composed.

3. SteveB

SteveB Mezzo Piano User

Nov 15, 2008
    Prescott Valley, AZ
    :lol: The trouble is, only dogs would be able to hear it. :oops:

Since real pleasures come in quality rather than quantity, it sounds like you've got a helluva lot to smile about. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

4. tobylou8

tobylou8 Utimate User

Dec 22, 2008
    Virginia
    Steve B a prankster? NO WAY!!! ROFLROFLROFL

5. SteveB

SteveB Mezzo Piano User

Nov 15, 2008
    Prescott Valley, AZ
    There goes my reputation as an innocent mild-mannered shy dude . . . . :oops:

6. Ed Lee

Ed Lee Utimate User

Aug 16, 2009
    Jackson NC
    I am not going to testify that my wife would not hear a quad high C as she hears most everyting else ... at least, she hears what I don't want her to hear. Yes, I've witnesses to corroborate that she can hear a silent dog whistle but she cannot hear the ABCD lowest notes of a piano. The real "shaker" came when she told me a faucet was dripping at the time when we lived in a three story home with faucets on each floor. She'd not only tell me which, but could tell me if it were sink, shower or tub and that was while she was in the living room sitting in her La - Z- Boy chair. Had she told me which spigot, hot or cold, I'm not sure what I'd think.

She does tell me she hears my Silent Brass but that it is not at a disturbing level. Again she is in the living room watching TV and I'm in my office at the back of our house. Still, yes, such high pitches are extremely disturbing to her. She forbid my use of a silent dog whistle to train our dogs (now both deceased), and won't allow me to blow my "Thunderer" police whistle or other whistle in my collection, even my own whistling. Too, she won't go with me to concerts due to piccolos, violins and some clarinet parts, the latter as was a real challenge when our daughter learned clarinet. No, she is not present when I've played my Schilke P5-4

7. Ed Lee

Ed Lee Utimate User

Aug 16, 2009
    Jackson NC
    IMO, very few have lived that did not play one or more pranks in their lifetime, including both my wife and I. Too, I know for sure that I've been the receiver of many pranks ... the most unusual being a water filled football ... fortunately it was not a game ball. I think the rest of the team was co-conspirators with that one. Luckily, I couldn't hold on to it when the center passed it back. Had I attempted to drop kick it as I usually did, I may have been called "Limpy" today, which some do lately anyway, but only on the days I use a cane, and then only veiwed in the spirit of noticing I'm in stress while walking.

8. SteveB

SteveB Mezzo Piano User

Nov 15, 2008
    Prescott Valley, AZ
    Since you're a fellow Fed LE alumni, I know you've seen (and probably committed) your share of pranks. ;-)

(I know for fact that BNDD was the biggest group of pranksters out there in the day. :lol:)

9. turtlejimmy

turtlejimmy Utimate User

Jun 6, 2010
    Oregon

Oh yeah, Steinway ....... Cheap Chinese piano, right? Practically disposable .....

Btw, Kids, don't try this at home (with the pliers and a $10 tuner). Use a socket wrench.:cool:

Turtle

10. Ed Lee

Ed Lee Utimate User

Aug 16, 2009
    Jackson NC
    Then you know the classic response to that, as is, "I can neither affirm or deny because I can't remember such". All I can say is I wish the vehicle temporarily provided me was actually mine. Externally, it looked like a VW "beetle" but in the ass there was a Porche engine and otherwise was designed and maintained IMO by the best mechanics in the U.S., the same as provide the Executive fleet. Well, maybe I'd now settle for one of their special Tahoes fully equipped, except I now can't afford the fuel or the same tires for it and no longer have the authority to order replacement, or use of such equipment. Those were times when at times very few would have recognized me and at times I wasn't welcome in many places. I remember only once just before work I went to church and others changed pews and left me as the sole person in that pew. Those are just memories now, as among such was then my ability to run a 10K. I survived a near death incident then too. When later in FPS, I was more often in uniform and behind a desk, except when on SRT assignment, but it was there I sustained OJ disabilty and retired as such.