WTS: Professional Silver Plated Stomvi S3 Bb trumpet (modified).

Discussion in 'Bb Trumpets' started by Dave, Aug 13, 2016.

1. Dave

Dave New Friend

Jun 24, 2007
    For Sale: Professional silver plated Stomvi S3 Bb trumpet (modified). Very well made horn in near-mint condition with relatively very little playing time on it.

SN/Age: #36549 / 2014

Bore: ML (.459)

Bell: 4.88” "FlexBell"

Modifications: This S3 is a “Custom Build” (more so than usual).
    1. It has a “standard” (non-reverse) lead pipe (not the usual S3 reverse pipe).
    2. It has a standard size bell (4.88”) (not the usual 5.25” “big bell”).

Damage/Repairs: None

Condition: This horn is beautiful, very slightly used, still yet to be worn in, only been played on a few gigs (carefully babied and pampered), and is in great to excellent condition. From what I can see, it only has a couple small wear spots on the valve casing and some (not too visible) wear on the lead pipe (where it was converted from a “reversed”) and a small odd nick on the trigger ring (as pictured). Otherwise, the horn looks brand new (no dings or scratches that I can see). If it wasn’t for those couple of spots in the finish I would give it an excellent to pristine condition rating. All the slides and water keys work well and it has great compression. It also recently got a complete valve job done by Rob Phillips (Buckeye Brass and Winds / 11 years Conn-Selmer). It was also recently cleaned inside and out.

Construction:
    - Handmade in Spain
    - Hand-lapped valves and slides
    - Stainless steel valves
    - Hand fitted slides
    - Improved Amado style water keys
    - All slides have matching (last 3) numbers to the horn’s serial number.

Included: This horn comes with:
    - Two (2) slides (standard/square and rounded)
    - Two (2) different sets of valve guides (plastic and brass)
    - An extra flex bottom cap
    - (no case or mouthpiece included)

Price:
    With the “like new” condition ($2495 new),
    and the unique custom combination of standard pipe and 4.88” bell (+ $400),
    and the extra rounded tuning slide (+ $250),
    and the valve job (+ $175)
    and the extra brass valve guides (+ $80),
    and the extra Flex Bottom Cap (+ $80),
    (= $3480)
    minus what little age, use, and wear it has… I’m asking $2300 (+ actual shipping/insurance)

Payment:
    - PayPal only please.
    - I will send you a “funds received” confirmation e-mail (or text if you wish) immediately after I see receipt of payment from PayPal.

Shipping/Insurance:
    - Buyer pays actual shipping & insurance (CONUS only).
    - No extra charge for handling and packing materials.
    - I will ship this trumpet safely and securely (secured slides, well wrapped in several layers of bubble wrap, box well taped).
    - After receiving payment I will send you an email (or text if you wish) to inform you exactly what time I am going to send your trumpet to you.
    - I will ship this trumpet to you promptly after payment is received.
    - I will also send you the tracking number.

Additional Information:
    - I am not able to take trades for this trumpet, sorry.
    - This trumpet sells as is. All sales are final (no returns, refunds or exchanges).
    - I will also include with this trumpet a letter of thanks and a written sales confirmation receipt.
    - I used my best efforts possible to inspect this trumpet, to create and provide the most accurate and honest description, and to furnish pictures that fairly and adequately depicts its type and condition at the time of sale. No pictures were edited or altered in any way (except for cropping).

Contact/Questions: If interested, have any questions, or need more pictures, please feel free to contact me.

Thank You,

Dave

Attached Files:

• 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      File size:
      99.4 KB
      Views:
    • 2.jpg
      2.jpg
      File size:
      96.8 KB