Proud of my Son

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by duderubble, Mar 1, 2014.

1. duderubble

duderubble Piano User

Oct 21, 2011
  2. TrumpetMD

TrumpetMD Fortissimo User

Oct 22, 2008
    Maryland
    Thanks for sharing.

Mike

3. SteveRicks

SteveRicks Fortissimo User

Aug 15, 2009
    Alabama
    Nice job. Good to see him participating in church activities. When they find he plays trumpet there will likely be other opportunities at Christmas, Easter etc.

4. kingtrumpet

kingtrumpet Utimate User

Sep 20, 2009
    New York State USA
    Be sure to tell him - nothing like Dad telling him "face to face"

A side note here - in community band we have several different conductors - the ones who get us to be most productive are the animated ones - on a difficult passage this one conductor instills confidence - he says " trumpet players this is a difficult passage, but you can do it- count the beats yourself, be confident, play confident, you will sound awesome - " surprisingly we play that passage well

5. Dr.Mark

Dr.Mark Mezzo Forte User

Apr 5, 2011
    Hi duderubble,
    You've got something to be very proud of. I too have a munchkin and she performs the National Anthem and Taps whenever she's needed. If you are not familiar with getting your kid into these things, check with your Senator, local V.A. American Legion and funeral homes. Not only will your kid get a lot of experience, it's a good cause and they also get gifts in the form of money. The first time my daughter played the two pieces, she ended up with $35.00. Also, doing the National Anthem allows him free admission to games!
    Great job Dad!
    Dr.Mark

6. larry tscharner

larry tscharner Forte User

Apr 30, 2010
    dubuque iowa
    Wonderful job in my opinion. Ive always said...there is no better audience than a church congregation. Absolutely NO ONE wants you to fail and everyone looks past any small weakness and are delighted to hear you play. Only good things can come of this for your son. Keep up the good work dad. Best wishes.

7. duderubble

duderubble Piano User

Oct 21, 2011
    Thanks all, he has talked about wanting to do Taps, we will have to look into that.

8. Buck with a Bach

Buck with a Bach Fortissimo User

Dec 29, 2009
    Canton, Ohio
    Nice job!:oops: