ProWinds (Bloomington Indiana)

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by Kujo20, May 8, 2011.

1. Kujo20

Kujo20 Forte User

Sep 29, 2010
    Hello again fellow TMers!

I just moved down to Springville Indiana for my job this summer. Before I made the move, I realized that I was going to be a mere 20ish miles away from the ProWinds shop in Bloomington. I have never been there, but I do plan on going very soon and probably multiple times over the summer :-)

Have any of you guys ever been there? What should I be expecting? I'm really hoping that it's a nice place with good people...and that they'll let me try TONS of brass instruments out!

Kujo

2. Dave Mickley

Dave Mickley Forte User

Nov 11, 2005
    Indianapolis
    very good people, they have tons of mouth pieces [one of the few places that have Monette m.p. to try out] and some horns. they usually carry a few used horns also.

3. Kujo20

Kujo20 Forte User

Sep 29, 2010
    They carry Monette mouthpieces?!?!? Sweet! I've never tried one before...

I've been pretty busy all week so I haven't had the time to go, but as soon as I have a day off I'm going!

Thanks for the answer Dave!

Kujo

4. Kujo20

Kujo20 Forte User

Sep 29, 2010
    I finally got the chance the other day! I am very impressed to say in the least. They had amazing customer service, and I also saw what kind of skill their repairman had (quite impressive!)

I got to try out SO many different instruments/mouthpieces too! I tried out a Getzen cornet and flugelhorn, a Shires Bb trumpet, a Schilke cornet and trumpet, a Bach Stradivarius trumpet, a Jupiter piccolo trumpet, a Hans Hoyer double horn, a Yamaha Xeno C trumpet, a Yamaha 4 valve euphonium.....yeah! I also tried out some bucket mutes...aaaaand....I finally got to try a Monette mouthpiece (ok, so it may have been more like four).

Anyway, just wanted to say it was a good time and that I was impressed with them!

Kujo