Prowinds is back....

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by Big Daddy, May 9, 2012.

1. Big Daddy

Big Daddy Mezzo Piano User

Mar 22, 2009
    Los Angeles, CA
    Just read this on my Facebook page..

My name is Dennis Bamber and I'm pleased to be the new owner of PROWINDSDIRECT.COM As many of you know, I was the original founder of the Woodwind & Brasswind and have over 30-years experience in music as a Performer (saxophone), Teacher, and a Music Industry Executive. It's my goal to provide you with the Finest Online/Mail Order Company for Wind Instruments and Accessories in the World! We wi...ll only sell the Best-Quality Products at the Lowest Possible Prices.

We have many exciting things planned for Pro Winds Direct in the coming months. Please make sure to check our website and social media sites often for these updates.

Give us a Try Today...You'll be Glad You Did!

Musically Yours,

Dennis Bamber, President

2. veery715

veery715 Utimate User

Mar 6, 2007
    Ithaca NY
    Well, I hope this bodes well for those members here who have unfinished business - horns on consignment, etc - with Prowinds. If Mr. Bamber ties up those loose ends it will be a very good result and help assure his continued success.

3. Satchmo Brecker

Satchmo Brecker Piano User

Jul 19, 2010
    Ok Mr Bamber, good to know. Can you tell those of us who don't know you what your new endeavor brings to the table that WW and BW doesn't? That site always seemed like a great site to me.

4. veery715

veery715 Utimate User

Mar 6, 2007
    Ithaca NY
    The OP isn't Mr Bamber, he was just quoting from Facebook.

5. Big Daddy

Big Daddy Mezzo Piano User

Mar 22, 2009
    Los Angeles, CA
    Just wanted to share the news with my TM brethren.

6. amzi

amzi Forte User

Feb 18, 2010
    Northern California
    Personally, I liked WWBW better before it became internet only--before everything was handled out of a UPS Distribution Center. After the closing of the brick and mortar store it just wasn't the same. Maybe Bamber will bring back that old feeling with his version of Prowinds.

7. optic1

optic1 Pianissimo User

Mar 31, 2012
    West Richland, Washington
    PROWINDSDIRECT.COM link went no where. i guess it is a broken link and I ended up at brokenwinds.com

8. trumpetsplus

trumpetsplus Fortissimo User

Jun 11, 2006
    South Salem, NY
    There may well be some suppliers will be reticent to provide him product after what they endured when WW&BW went bust.

9. Satchmo Brecker

Satchmo Brecker Piano User

Jul 19, 2010
    Doh! I saw "My Facebook page" so I assumed it was the guy himself. Shows you how much I'm into the fancy "social networking" scene. :shock:

10. kctrumpeteer

kctrumpeteer Piano User

Dec 23, 2009
    Was WW&BW something different than wwbw.com ? I see you say that they went bust so not sure if I know the history of them. I actually got one horn from them (ProWinds) and it was more from talking to the person over the phone and deciding what I want and purchasing... Seems like you almost always need to talk to someone to get the best deals with whoever you deal with. I know for a long time that the prowinds site showed all the normal inventory and then showed generically 'out of stock'.

Over all it seems like technology and today's world has made getting instruments some-what sad as it is hard for local music stores to keep much stock for fear that they will not sell it and lose money or they only cater to the grade school student. And if you want a pro model it means ordering it which at that point you might as well pick the cheapest with the best warranty / service. Of course you miss out on testing out multiple horns and getting the one that you really feel comfortable with vs taking a chance online with a purchase.

... I do find it funny yet ironically sad that a local music store here had went out of business and the bank was liquidating all of the instruments. I asked a lady if they had any "C trumpets" and she started looking through the violin cases. I felt like telling her she needs to go back to the bank. They had some decent prices on some Yamaha trumpets but the middle tier level mostly low level student trumpets and a lot of pianos.