puffing the upper lip?

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by BAM, Nov 14, 2003.

1. Ed Lee

Ed Lee Utimate User

Aug 16, 2009
    Jackson NC
    Where'd your "love" for KT go? KT isn't an enemy ... it's just a friendly game.

2. codyb226

codyb226 Banned

Mar 9, 2011
    Florida, US
    Well, you know. Its still there.
    Gmonady, now is the time to come with some funny post....

3. Ed Lee

Ed Lee Utimate User

Aug 16, 2009
    Jackson NC
    Geez, I'm now much cleaner now that I've now a much more modern tub-shower than the old galvanized tub that I had to fill with water drawn from the well in buckets via rope and pulley and then was heated on the kitchen stove, but my memory of such is still vivid. Stay out of the kitchen while baths are taken. The bigger problem was emptying that tub and cleaning it for the next person to use. Leastwise they had to draw and heat their own water.

Now let me practice my trumpet before the supper bell rings. At least my wife doesn't blow the conch as my Grandmother did to call us in from the fields to the table for lunch or supper. The bell is a fairly large handbell that was given my Mother when she retired from teaching. My wife dug it out of our boxes and put it by my bedside when I was convalesing and now uses it whenever she wants my attention as I hear it even when playing one of my instruments.

Cody, I did think Gmonday's post was humorous, as in hindsight some of the reality of my experiences bathing were either so funny or just what I won't tell.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2012
  4. BustedChops

BustedChops Mezzo Forte User

Oct 1, 2011
    Dizzy puffed a lot...whats the problem? Do you sound good or not?

5. Ed Lee

Ed Lee Utimate User

Aug 16, 2009
    Jackson NC
    Dizzy and others "puff" and when such produces as great a sound as Dizzy's, or what one is satisfied with, there isn't a problem. Yep, sound, sound, sound is the target goal. This encompasses all our methods and equipment.

6. kingtrumpet

kingtrumpet Utimate User

Sep 20, 2009
    New York State USA
    so true -- the poor OP couldn't find but 2 posters back then -------------no wonder he quit the trumpet and became a drummer ------ so much easier!!!!!!!!!!

7. kingtrumpet

kingtrumpet Utimate User

Sep 20, 2009
    New York State USA
    only 1 WEEK --- wow that is a real fair assessment --- what if one of your patients said ---"gee Doc, I tried this medicine for one week, instead of the 1 month that you asked me too,, and I don't like it --- it doesn't work???? -----OH wait a minute GM, no wonder your high range isn't FULL--- you can't think outside of the box ---I mean if you can't think Double D, oh - yeah you thought C cup and then A ---you will probably never invision a Double D --- thas is OK, you can stick with the A's, if that is what you want. ROFL ROFL ROFL I wonder how you use the Jettone, or the Schilke paperweight -- if you can't fill the cup!!!!!!!!!!good think your not a athlete -- with trouble filling your cup!!!!!!!!! ROFL ROFL ROFL

Last edited: Jan 6, 2012
  8. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    Ed, no need to share any of your hind site after your shower!

9. kingtrumpet

kingtrumpet Utimate User

Sep 20, 2009
    New York State USA
    good answer GM, good answer --- man, you are on top of your game tonight!!!!!!!!!

10. Ed Lee

Ed Lee Utimate User

Aug 16, 2009
    Jackson NC
    Didn't utter a word about afterward!