Quality horn repairman near western Pa.

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by guitarsrmine, Sep 12, 2011.

1. guitarsrmine

guitarsrmine Piano User

Dec 29, 2008
    Franklin, Pa
    Hello all; Recently, I picked up a very experienced Getzen Super Deluxe($25.00)and Im in need of a good, trustworthy repairman around my area. I live 65 miles south of Erie, and about 90 miles north of Pittsburgh. I took the horn to my rock band gig the other night, did an extended solo on "Sweet Home Chicago"---the horn functions well, plays GREAT, but its outer appearance is less than pristine.....any info from my fellow trumpeteers will be appreciated!!

2. guitarsrmine

guitarsrmine Piano User

Dec 29, 2008
    Franklin, Pa
    Forgot to mention...Im about 60 miles from Youngstown, Ohio,too....if that helps......

3. johnny ray

johnny ray Pianissimo User

May 17, 2010
    Hollis & Germann in Pittsburgh is excellent. Go in and talk to Don. They are located at 4136 Library Rd. Phone: 412-531-2781. Tell Don that John, the guy who's always bringing in old trumpets, referred you. They currently have one of my old Yamahas. They do great work for reasonable prices.

JR

4. johnny ray

johnny ray Pianissimo User

May 17, 2010
    Forgot to say that I think they don't do their own relacquering...I think they do the prep work and then send the horn out somewhere. Give them a call and tell them what you need before you drive to Pittsburgh.

JR

5. guitarsrmine

guitarsrmine Piano User

Dec 29, 2008
    Franklin, Pa
    Thank you, johhnyray. Ill do that!!