Question about buying a trumpet for the first and the stamina it takes to play it

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by suewatters1, May 12, 2012.

1. ExtraTeeth

ExtraTeeth Pianissimo User

Nov 13, 2008
    Perth, Western Australia
    For someone such as yourself, I would recommend a cornet. Perhaps an American style long cornet?
    The more compact design will put less strain on your arms and shoulders and, all other things being equal, cornets tend to sell for less so you can expect to get a better deal.

2. patkins

patkins Forte User

Nov 22, 2010
    Tuscaloosa, AL.
    It is good to meet you. I also second the Ambassador either a trumpet or cornet. I also played Baritone for a while but went back to trumpet which I found easier and more rewarding. King Trumpet knows the King trumpet well and will give good advice on their brands. You are right to budget. Also, I'm a Psychiatrist and have treated many ADHD patients. I recommend music or athletics for all of them. I have many who are now professional musicians or athletes. ADHD pts are usually strong with their Right brain function which has to do with music, math, and creativity.

kingtrumpet likes this.
  3. suewatters1

suewatters1 Pianissimo User

May 11, 2012
    Ontario Canada
    Thanks Cooler Dave :)

4. suewatters1

suewatters1 Pianissimo User

May 11, 2012
    Ontario Canada
    Thanks Patkins and everyone else. I appreciate the advice. I wish I can afford to buy one this month but I can't but as soon as I have some money I will put it towards a trumpet