question about gillespie's style

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by frankmike, Jan 21, 2009.

1. dlewis

dlewis Piano User

Nov 22, 2006
    RANDALLSTOWN MARYLAND
    Bless you O Wiseone. People should know their history before they post. I had the pleasure of meeting Dizzy twice,. Not only was he a great trumper player he was an even better person:thumbsup:

2. jason_boddie

jason_boddie Piano User

Dec 26, 2008
    Jacksonville, FL
    To the poster who doubts Dizzy's contibution to the world of jazz. ........WOW!!!

Are you feeling ok? Perhaps you are Dizzy........HAHAHAHAHA

3. eisprl

eisprl Mezzo Piano User

Sep 26, 2004
    Halifax, NS CANADA
    You didn't happen to hear it right from Dizzy himself about the story behind his horn?

(Wouldn't it be funny if Dizzy told everyone a different story just for sh**s and giggles)

4. Bill McCloskey

Bill McCloskey Piano User

Apr 22, 2007
    "yes it was an accident, when drunk dizzy sat on it during some wild party. Than he accused airport staff for bending his trumpet in transportation. And he kept it because bent trumpet was catching the imagination of the crowds, it was marketing move. Stating bent trumpet made different sound is complete ignorance. The sound was just the same.

Besides it was chano pozo, juan tizol and walter fuller and later arturo sandoval that made musical magic. Dizzy was an entertainer and a great band manager, but musical souls were those mentioned before"

We just got rid of two trolls. Please don't take their place by posting such nonsense. You don't know what you are talking about. You know nothing about jazz, jazz trumpet, Dizzy, Bebop, the history of bebop, Dizzy's horn, how it got bent, music in general. One wonders why people post such drivel. What is the measure of a troll? Why do they do it? Beats me.

I trying to figure out why I even respond to such idiocy.

5. bigtiny

bigtiny Mezzo Forte User

Aug 14, 2005

Okay folks....we've got ourselves another troll here. So I'm going to suggest two things. 1) everybody ignore his posts and 2) FrankMike or whoever the xxxxxxxxxxxx, okay?

bigtiny

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 24, 2009
  6. eisprl

eisprl Mezzo Piano User

Sep 26, 2004
    Halifax, NS CANADA
    can I ask what a "troll" is? I don't think I've heard this term here before.

7. eisprl

eisprl Mezzo Piano User

Sep 26, 2004
    Halifax, NS CANADA
    ooooh so in other words people with less of a life than I do. :D

8. roryhislop

roryhislop New Friend

Dec 19, 2008
    Does anyone know what actually happened? I know of lots of stories all of them are likely but probably none of them true.