Question about some of the banners (advertisers?)

Discussion in 'TM Lounge' started by PhatmonB6, Oct 23, 2005.

1. PhatmonB6

PhatmonB6 Mezzo Piano User

Jan 16, 2005
    Minnesota
    Not that it bothers me....but I am just curious as to why some of the links that are on this site are adult oriented.....I am sure the majority of us on this site are 18+ but I know there are some kids on this site too. My neice for one. I dont feel a site such as this should make it any easier for that age level to "out of curiosity" happen to click on one of those links. There is enough of that on the web already. A couple that I have in question are: sexsearch.net, findfreesex.com, meetforsex.com,erotichat.com and these are ones I have just noticed while I am posting this. I had never noticed these types of links when I joined and am wondering why there are so many? Moderators if I am out of line by posting this publically I apologise, but then again the links I have mentioned are out in the open. Like I said I am an adult and I dont have that big of a problem with it. Now when she logs on under her screen name and these links are not visable then fine......I have not checked into that yet. Anyways, not trying to be a holier than thou, just a concerned uncle. I hope you understand. ;-)

2. Tootsall

Tootsall Fortissimo User

Oct 25, 2003
    Yee HAW!
    You sure aren't out of line to ask this question...I've never seen any of these links! Where are they? Perhaps there is something coming up on your computer that's being caused by spyware? Can you give more information on which pages and precisely where on the page you are finding them? It sounds to me like there's some spyware running in your computer.

3. Solar Bell

Solar Bell Moderator Staff Member

May 11, 2005
    Metro Detroit
    Tootsall is probably right.
    I have never seen one here either.

-cw-

4. PhatmonB6

PhatmonB6 Mezzo Piano User

Jan 16, 2005
    Minnesota
    go to the very top of any page. Just below the banner that has Home, Forums, Employment, Contact. There is anoter banner that lists links to everything from online dating, online prescriptions, and the ones I listed in my opening post. When you click on a different forum the links change. These are not pop-ups...I just noticed that in the bottom righthand corner it says Ads by Goooooogle and it is spelled just like that. I am running Norton Internet Security and just updated it recently. Any help on this??

5. Tootsall

Tootsall Fortissimo User

Oct 25, 2003
    Yee HAW!
    OK... Now I see where you're coming from... "Ads by Gooooooogle". I've never clicked on any of those links that are not trumpet-related but just now (when I went to "Reply") the banner changed and includes one (that I'm looking at this moment" saying "Free Forum, You No Pay" that I definitely would NOT connect with. I don't think there is any way to prevent those since Google ads (why do they spell it differently? Could it be something that is NOT the real "Google"?) are required to help support the site.