Quintet playing

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by Eclipsehornplayer, Oct 10, 2006.

1. Dale Proctor

Dale Proctor Utimate User

Jul 20, 2006
    Heart of Dixie
    Alright John! Now you're cookin'. The most enjoyable part of quintet playing (for me, anyway) is the fact that every part is very important, a "solo" in itself many times. There's no leaning on the other player on that part because there isn't one! When the group gells, nice things happen. Enjoy the experience.

2. Eclipsehornplayer

Eclipsehornplayer Forte User

Sep 14, 2005
    Metro Detroit
    You guys are great.....!

I'll see what I can do about recording the piece. I'm looking foward to it for sure. Dale I'd have to agree with you. It's amazing as I was practicing my part by myself I was thinking Ok I have all this going on underneath eveyone else. Wow is this a dynamic piece. Boy was I shocked when we started playing and I opened the piece with a cadenza! :shock:

I stopped playing thinking it was an accident or something and looked at the 1st player and said, " you going to play?" He said, "Yes when it's my turn."

Too cool.......

Last edited: Dec 6, 2006
  3. Solar Bell

Solar Bell Moderator Staff Member

May 11, 2005
    Metro Detroit
    Yes we are....

That is a cool 1st guy!

-cw-

4. Richard Oliver

Richard Oliver Forte User

Jul 18, 2006
    Casper, WY

Yup. I want to listen to you play John. Really looking forward to it :)

Regards,

Richard

5. Eclipsehornplayer

Eclipsehornplayer Forte User

Sep 14, 2005
    Metro Detroit
    Thanks Richard; you're too kind!

And Chuck I thought you might find that funny! I open with this 7 mearsure cadenza that I assumed would be played as a suplement to what the 1st trumpet was doing.

If you could have seen the look on my face when I opened up and he was setting there watching me. :shock:

It really was too funny I guess you had to be there to really appreciate it! :lol: