Quiting

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by sean007r, Feb 7, 2008.

1. screamingmorris

screamingmorris Mezzo Forte User

Apr 4, 2007
    Please keep down the applause.

I try to be a humble man...

2. ZeuSter

ZeuSter Pianissimo User

May 22, 2004

I think the the church music director is more of a snot than an a$$.
    The snotty remark the he made about the other players he "hired" was way out of line.
    Especially since the guy (forgot his name) stated he was an amatuer VOLUNTEER. You can use the silly reason that you came up with about the time between services if you like but the church director was pretty snotty, and arrogant. If the director had talked to me like that I would have quit too.
    Like someone said earlier "playing for free should be fun"
    What scripture would cover snotty church music directors?

3. screamingmorris

Apr 4, 2007
    In a private conversation the music director said to Sean, "well I don’t know what you did, but every group I've hired before has played it just fine the way it was written originally".
    If you want to interpret that as "snottiness" in a *private* conversation between the music director and Sean, so be it.
    But other people could interpret the music director's words as a innocent expression of his perplexity,
    he was simply saying that he didn't understand why what Sean did was necessary,
    because he did not realize that previous players had been *transposing* the written music.

Sean then goes on the worldwide Internet to state that the music director is an "a**".
    That is *deliberate* world-wide PUBLIC SLANDER.

That makes Sean's sin worse than the music director's sin.

The verse Matthew 7:3-5 that I cited says that both people have sinned but that the accuser has a greater sin than the person he is accusing.

- Morris

4. tatakata

tatakata Mezzo Forte User

May 29, 2007
    give me a break man. The original poster is venting about an "anonymus" music director. there have been no names given. why don't you save your sermon for sunday :roll:

5. screamingmorris

Apr 4, 2007
    The fact remains that the *church* music director did not not call Sean an "a**" or anything else in that *church* matter, while Sean publicly calls the *church* music director an "a**".

As for your comment "save your sermon for sunday" accompanied by rolling eyes, how long have you been an anti-Christian bigot who thinks that a *church* matter should *not* be viewed from a Scriptural perspective?

Last edited: Feb 7, 2008
  6. veery715

veery715 Utimate User

Mar 6, 2007
    Ithaca NY
    In my lingo (info tech) asterisks are known as wild cards. That means the music director could have been an ant, an arf, an abe, an ace, an ahi (good sushi), an ale, ...
    Don't know why we presume, but we do. I'd call it a pretty benign statement.

I do not see what Christ has to do with it. A church is a place where people gather to worship (someone) and that does not preclude personal differences between members. Bigot is a much more loaded term than A**, IMHO. Why do discussions like this deteriorate into squabbling and name-calling? Let's leave our egos out of the forum and we'll benefit considerably.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2008
  7. misty.sj

misty.sj Forte User

Jan 27, 2008
    Brisbane, Australia
    First, I don't think that 'ass' is even a legitimate swear word. I believe it's allowed on prime time TV.

Second, would you feel different about this if he had not mentioned that the person he was venting about was a choir director?

Third, the term bigot:
    (from bigot - Definition from the Merriam-Webster Online Dictionary)

Not everyone here is Christian, but I don't think that what he said is quite strong enough to be considered bigotry.

*steps quietly back out of the flame war*

8. tatakata

tatakata Mezzo Forte User

May 29, 2007
    you are really worked up today morris arent you. In one post you have me pined as an "anti christian bigot". :-o wow :lol:

9. eisprl

eisprl Mezzo Piano User

Sep 26, 2004
    Halifax, NS CANADA
    hmmm, I couldn't help notice that you people are straying away from the original post. Keeping religion aside (as this is a TRUMPET forum), I believe that quiting the church group because of the directors comment, "Others before you have played it just fine" and then calling him an ass are the trade marks of a diva. If you love to play the trumpet you wouldn't let comments like that bother you. Sure you're not getting paid to play, there are many people who do that. Do other members of this group have the same problems with this director? If the answer is no, then maybe you should step back and analyze your own attitude. If the case of him not being able to transpose is true then perhaps he is a little self conscience of it and sensitive on the issue. (Like someone who can't read). Isn't church supposed to be a place to get together and be good to each other? Doesn't religion (no matter what religion) all teach the same things? Treating each other with respect and dignity and patience? Calling people names like bigots are not holding true to these principals. Tolerance...respect yadda yadda yeadda

10. eisprl

eisprl Mezzo Piano User

Sep 26, 2004
    Halifax, NS CANADA
    and YES I realize that I wanted to keep religion aside and ended my last post on that very topic, so don't point that out to me. ;-)