Quiting

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by sean007r, Feb 7, 2008.

1. screamingmorris

screamingmorris Mezzo Forte User

Apr 4, 2007
    You don't know if being called an "ass" is bad?
    If someone called you an "ass", would you think it was an insult or a compliment or would you have no idea?

Calling anyone an "ass" is an insult, regardless of whether the target is a church music director or the local mailman.
    Sean would have been just as hypocritical if the matter had happened between himself and a mailman, because the mailman did not engage in name-calling but Sean did.

When tatakata told me that I should shut up and save my words for Sunday in church, he was telling me that I was out of line in analyzing a *church* incident from a Scriptural perspective, a topic that someone else initiated here.
    In other words, any opinion about a church incident expressed here is OK unless it is a Christian opinion and in that case the Christian should shut up about the church incident.

The first "flame" in this thread was when Sean called someone an "ass".
    Another one was when tatakata told me that I should shut up.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2008
  2. misty.sj

misty.sj Forte User

Jan 27, 2008
    Brisbane, Australia
    I think 'ass' is a very mild insult, like 'idiot.' I think most people feel that way. Calling someone an idiot doesn't make you a bad person. It simply means that either you were having a bad attitude, or they really WERE one. Jesus called people some pretty strong names when he didn't agree with them, as well. Being religious doesn't make you forfeit the right to opinions.

3. screamingmorris

Apr 4, 2007
    "But whoever says 'you fool' will be in danger of hell fire"
    - Jesus speaking in Matthew 5:22

"By agreeing to these rules, you warrant that you will not post any messages that are obscene, vulgar, sexually-oriented, hateful, threatening, or otherwise violative of any laws."
    - http://www.trumpetmaster.com/vb/faq.php?faq=faq_tmsite#faq_faq_usage

"ass" = hateful

4. c.nelson

c.nelson Pianissimo User

Apr 13, 2007
    Alberton, Montana USA
    Jiffy-pop anyone?

5. Eeviac

Eeviac Piano User

I just realized something, the Elks are usually hurting for entertainment, you might get paid or you might just get dinner and a lot of friends out of it, either way's a win.

6. Eeviac

Eeviac Piano User

Hey you know about that "ass" thing, we've got some real asses around here! I mean, braying all the time, sometimes they chime in with the roosters....

7. JustinSmith

JustinSmith Piano User

Nov 6, 2006
    SF Bay Area
    i think if you miss playing in church each week, you should return. Maybe sit down with the director, and explain how your feelings (pride) were hurt, and maybe he can help you out with the transposition.

He obviously was a friend of yours, and life is too short to worry about the little things.

misty.sj likes this.
  8. misty.sj

misty.sj Forte User

Jan 27, 2008
    Brisbane, Australia
    To the OP: I'm sorry this turned into a chest-thumping scripture-quoting exercise. I'm sure you will do what you feel is right.

9. screamingmorris

Apr 4, 2007
    You failed to notice that the original post of this thread was "chest-thumping" with an angry Sean publicly declaring that the church music director was an "ass" that he would no longer associate with.

And I find it interesting that you think it was OK for you to misrepresent what the Bible says about name-calling, claiming that the Bible OK's it, but you think it was inappropriate for me to correct you on the matter by my providing a quote from the Bible.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2008
  10. TopGun

TopGun Pianissimo User

Oct 28, 2003
    Probably everyone who would post the word "a**" on a public world wide forum will be going to hell.

:(

[​IMG]

misty.sj likes this.