Racetrack Debut

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by xjb0906, Jul 11, 2012.

1. xjb0906

xjb0906 Piano User

May 2, 2009
    Charlotte NC
    On July 3rd I was allowed to play The National Anthem at the Charlotte Motor-speedway for the Legends Big Money 100 and Fireworks show. The folks at the speedway were the most accommodating I have played for. They were kind enough to let me watch the race from an air conditioned suite. Considering the extreme temperatures it was greatly appreciated. Below are a few photos and the video.

This time I used my zoom q3 recorder. The audio is better quality than my past postings. There is some delay from the PA system. The video portion leaves a lot to be desired as the Zoomq3 doesn't have much "zooming" ability.

I hope you enjoy. I did!

<em>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P7XK7Hx-Rls

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 13, 2012
  2. xjb0906

xjb0906 Piano User

May 2, 2009
    Charlotte NC
    I deleted the links for the photos. For some reason they aren't working. I'll figure it out and post them later.

3. jiarby

jiarby Fortissimo User

May 7, 2011
    Arizona
    nice job!

4. Buck with a Bach

Buck with a Bach Fortissimo User

Dec 29, 2009
    Canton, Ohio
    Sounds good, wish the zoom had been used to get a tighter shot......:oops:

5. trumpetup

trumpetup Piano User

Jan 12, 2009
    Godley, Texas
    I love seeing Legends perform. And the trumpet playing was good too. Sorry, just kidding. I enjoy those little Legend race cars. You did a good job. Straight ahead Star Spangled Banner is good. Sometimes we trick it up too much.
    Good Luck,
    Bobby

6. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    So that's how you got this gig, you had to pay off the officials! Hey you sounded FANTASTIC. The next time... make them pay you!

7. kingtrumpet

kingtrumpet Utimate User

Sep 20, 2009
    New York State USA
    GM -- I dare say -- XJB is studying to be a doctor --- and he mispelled Played, so it sounded like payed ((The folks at the speedway were the most accommodating I have payed for)) ---- should actually be ((The folks at the speedway were the most accommodating I have PLAYED for))

I would have thought with all of your misspelllllingss GM, that you wouldvvvee noticed, or rather --- nooott kaught tht sp8ll1ng err0r --- but soom when XJB is attend1n6 AMA dinn8rs with ewe --- yous guys will h4ve something to chat about!!!!!!!!!!

ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL

ps. by the way XJB (this is all good humor ((humour)) -- so laugh, play and be happy.
    that sounded GREAT as usual by the way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8. BigDub

BigDub Fortissimo User

Dec 19, 2009
    Hillsborough, NJ
    Very powerful, straight, and true!! Nice sound. I liked the "no frills" straightforward version too.

9. patkins

patkins Forte User

Nov 22, 2010
    Tuscaloosa, AL.
    Congrats on a job well done!

10. coolerdave

coolerdave Utimate User

Nov 7, 2009
    San Pedro
    solid !!!