Rain, Rain, go away...

Discussion in 'TM Lounge' started by rjzeller, Jun 7, 2005.

1. rjzeller

rjzeller Forte User

Mar 7, 2005
    Rochester, MN
    Here's the forecast for MN this week:

TOday -- scattered strong storms
    Wed -- scattered strong storms
    Thur -- scattered thunderstorms
    Fri -- scattered thunderstorms
    Sat -- scattered thunderstorms
    Sun -- scattered thunderstorms
    Mon -- scattered thunderstorms
    Tues -- scattered thunderstorms

And it rained at one time or another yesterday, Sunday, and Saturday

When the h*ll did we end up in Seattle?

Can someone in Phoneix or Tucson area PLEASE offer me a job so I can get out of this oversized watering hole and into a place where I can actually breathe in the summer and enjoy at least a little sunshine during the week????

Sorry...just had to vent....

2. Cornet1

Cornet1 Pianissimo User

May 22, 2005
    Essex, England
    All the English followers of this forum have read your post and had a good laugh!!!.......

Early this morning it was cold enough to have to wear two jumpers and sky was very grey.....mid day I put on sun block and was down to a T shirt.....this evening it is nice and sunny with fantastic rolling clouds but the breeze is icy cold......I have just been talking to a friend who told me that he had the bonnet of his nice new car damaged on sunday afternoon by giant hailstones and is VERY annoyed...Sunday was supposed to be rain all day but turned out nice and sunny for most of the country, the hail only lasted for about 2 minutes but layed on the ground for about 15 while it melted!

The TV weather forcast here is often different on different channels!!!.....most English people look at the weather man like a docter with a bowl of leeches!!

3. rjzeller

rjzeller Forte User

Mar 7, 2005
    Rochester, MN
    Touche'! Cornet1.

I guess things really are a matter of perspective.

Nevertheless...the humidity and pollin up here just wreaks havoc with me. I can't breathe, sneeze with regularity, my eyes are itchy and watery, and I'm thinking about having plumbing installed for my nose.

Now I know they CLAIM there's pollin and allergens in Phoenix just as there are here ... but all I know is the only time I'm not struggling to breathe clear and not battling sinuses pressure is when I'm in the American Southwest. Give me 110 and 14% humidity over 90 and 90% humidity any day!

Oh, btw, don't assume the weather forecasters are much better here about being accurate. but, unlike in your case, I guess ... they're generally either all wrong or all right around here...

4. W Scott

W Scott Piano User

Dec 8, 2003
    Carson City, NV.
    If you're in Seattle, I must be close to the North Pole! It snowed on me last night---got about 2 inches. It's beginning to look like we won't have much of a summer here in Tahoe........

5. bandman

bandman Forte User

Oct 16, 2004
    Lafayette, LA, USA
    Same here in Louisiana -- what he posted is the regular summer forcast for us! Add to that a hurricane now and then and you must be in Louisiana!

6. camelbrass

camelbrass Mezzo Forte User

Nov 5, 2003
    Dubai, UAE
    Here's a contrast:

Today 105 and sunny
    Tomorrow 110 and Sunny
    Next month 120 and sunny

and will remain that way until October when it will still be sunny but not quite as hot.

Pass the sun block and anybody for Pims?

Regards,

Trevor

7. Manny Laureano

Manny Laureano Utimate User

Sep 29, 2004
    USA
    Rich,

It's quite clear to me that the rain gods will not be appeased until someone from the fair state of Minnesota offers a sacrifice!

What/Whom shall it be? How will it be done? Gather the village elders together! We must act or drown!

Calling rjzeller, phatmon, iguananaught, RAS, trumpetstudent, lazorphase, excelsiorgolfer, Mikey, gzent, warbandel, Chris Jankowski, kjt, tarter trpt8, ... whom else am I leaving out? We'll likely have to offer an untouched piece of trumpet equipment for the gods will only accept an offering in its purest form. Or will they only accept a young trumpeter who has not yet played a High C? The village must decide!

The Village Medicine Man,
    ML

8. robertwhite

robertwhite Mezzo Piano User

Nov 11, 2003
    I have to say that here in NC, I've been super-happy with the weather. I grew up in Michigan, and lived in Indiana for about 10 years. In northern MI you get a 6 month long winter. In Indiana you get tornadoes all spring long followed by an excruciatingly hot summer. Here, it's hot as hell right now, but so sunny and beautiful. Plus I'm an hour from the Blue Ridge Mountains, and only a few hours from the beach. What a great place!

9. Mikey

Mikey Forte User

Oct 24, 2003
    Hmmmmmmmm.............What can I offer?

An "untouched" piece of trumpet equipment..........

I need to look through my stuff..........

but last night was nasty. My house and yard are ok, but 3 blocks down, a huge tree split right at the crotch. Half of the tree landed across the street, right on top of a car..........

This is getting rediculous.........The skeeters are out in full force now.

I need to convince my wife to take a teaching job in Arizona..........

Is there room in Phoenix for another good trumpet player?

10. gzent

gzent Fortissimo User

Nov 5, 2003
    Rochester, MN
    Manny,

I think only sacrificing that Monette Eb will appease the rain gods! I'll personally stop by and take care of it for you! ;-)

Richard - be careful what you wish for. After spending 13 years in Dallas, where the summers are 100F every day for 3 months, where you get cracks in your lawn large enough to swallow a Chihuahua, where the fire ants devore small children for kicks, where its still 90F when you're watching the 'late' news, where the pollen count / ozone level is measured in painful, debilitating and call 911, well, I can tolerate the weather in MN just fine.

Greg

PS - I forgot to mention the yearly smoke blanket that lasts for a week as Mexican 'farmers' burn their fields.