Range as a Senior in High School?

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by aaronwoolley1, Aug 8, 2012.

1. jiarby

jiarby Fortissimo User

May 7, 2011
    Arizona
    How are you going to pay your rent? No one makes a living playing Artunian and Malaguena.

2. D.C. Al fine

D.C. Al fine Banned

May 8, 2012
    USA
    But your not an Ultimate!

yet.....

3. D.C. Al fine

D.C. Al fine Banned

May 8, 2012
    USA
    Maurice Andre probably did......

4. kingtrumpet

kingtrumpet Utimate User

Sep 20, 2009
    New York State USA
    get that correct would you --- that is UTIMATE!!!!!

yeah, wooollllery, that is the problem with this site, generally these people type --- bold and with the wrong spelling!!!!!!!! ROFL ROFL ROFL

5. DaTrump

DaTrump Forte User

Oct 21, 2011
    Huntsville, Texas
    He did a few more songs than that. Not sure, I could be wrong :dontknow:

6. RustoleusMaximus

RustoleusMaximus Pianissimo User

Feb 1, 2008
    OK Bro ... YOU are talented! But so are hundreds of other trumpet players out there! Keep working hard and remember ... you can be a tremendously talented trumpet player and full of pride and NEVER get a gig (NOT saying you are full of pride ... just warning you NOT to be). Pro after Pro will tell you that you must be very personable or you simply will not get a gig. I saw this first hand in college. I played split-lead (actually I assisted our Lead player and spelled him) ... this guy was a phenom. He had won some national trumpet competition in Chicago ... could improvise his azz off and could routinely pick off D's, E's and F's ABOVE double C. He produced a try-out tape where he played several Bill Chase tunes with him actually playing every part including Bill Chases part and I heard the tape ... he made sure that I did (we had mutual respect). Long story short ... he met Maynard on Maynard's bus ... gave Maynard his try-out tape; was interviewed and was never offered a job. I can ONLY assume it was because he came across as cocky. He was certainly talented enough to have held down a chair in Maynard's band at that time!

Your tone sounds good and your range is very good. Keep it up but remain humble ... ALWAYS LET YOUR PLAYING SPEAK FOR ITSELF !!! People gravitate to talented individuals who are HUMBLE.

The hair ... we gotta do something with the hair! Actually you look a lot like me at that age. I suggest some gel and slicking it back until you get the length for a pony tail etc. Long hair and pony tails are a groovy thing. After 50 YOA ... then you can shave it all off like me to save money for Monette Mouthpieces and look younger.

Positive Energy your way !!!

7. aaronwoolley1

aaronwoolley1 New Friend

Dec 24, 2011
    LA
    Who pressed dislike on my videos?

8. jiarby

jiarby Fortissimo User

May 7, 2011
    Arizona
    How is Kurt these days?

9. coolerdave

coolerdave Utimate User

Nov 7, 2009
    San Pedro
    The second chair trumpet player .... who cares who pressed dislike ..right?
    Like that great philospher Ricky Nelson once said "you can't please everyone so you , got to please yourself"

10. Local 357

Local 357 Banned

Jul 1, 2011

Dude you got some serious thin skin issues... We ALL get our hides handed to us by the others. Maynard was dissed by the ream in the jazz magazines. No less than Leonard Feather was on his ass night & day back when M/F was on his way up.

Trumpet players in particular are well known as being savage critics. Especially to each other:

"Hi I'm a trumpet player and your tone sucks"

"Betcha I play better than you"

All well known jokes about trumpet players greeting each other. Take your pick and welcome to the club.

I've had my rear end put through the ringer very often.

Hint: It's not all about YOU. Those who absolutely can't stand criticism have egos too big to get through the door.

Suggestion: take a course in HUMILITY. Not as punishment but as a desirable goal in and of itself.