Range as a Senior in High School?

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by aaronwoolley1, Aug 8, 2012.

1. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    After hearing this, I have gained more respect for your director. What a fabulous performance. Your range is spot on.

2. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
  3. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    I believe you mean to say, "You're not a Utimate!"

I am taking night courses at the BigDub school of TM editing.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2012
  4. DaTrump

DaTrump Forte User

Oct 21, 2011
    Huntsville, Texas
    Dare we ask who your first is?

5. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    I believe we digress from the theme of this thread... my attempt was to break up the strain i was feeling from reading these posts. I thought the blonde flute player was a fine diversion away from Aaron, as sometimes it is about others in the ensemble (blonde flute player or otherwise)... as for my first... let's just leave it at "in another league on a spiritual plane category with beauty and grace beyond belief... and what she does for sweaters...".

6. DaTrump

DaTrump Forte User

Oct 21, 2011
    Huntsville, Texas
    I think leaving it at that is a good idea. But I bet when she walks by you hit a triple C

7. TrumpetMD

TrumpetMD Fortissimo User

Oct 22, 2008
    Maryland
    Careful Gary - 15 will get you 20. ;-)

I'm partial to cello players myself ... especially the one I married.

But I applaud your attempt to break things up. I'm sure the OP is a good person.

Looking forward to getting together in December.

Mike

8. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    Mike, you are a lucky man. A cello player is a great find. I can only imagine the most beautiful harmonies between cello and trumpet... Kinda get the vision of Brazilian jazz in my head. And as for my first choice in flute players, her age is in my realm and that IS a good thing.

As for the theme of this post, I noticed Aaron with a very warm smile and hand shake at the conclusion of his performance (see I did notice more than the flute player), and that smile does say a lot about his character. There is a fine line between having appropriate self esteem and being pompous, and I tend to error on the side of self esteem. That is a good thing and I believe is the character that can best advance young learners IF in context of still being able to listen to and HEAR valuable critical feedback.

Yes, December will be so fine. I do hope you have a gig going on during my visit. Would LOVE to hear that Ambassador live and in person!

9. aaronwoolley1

aaronwoolley1 New Friend

Dec 24, 2011
    LA
    Guys, she's 18 :p

10. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    In that case, Tobylou would like to know if you got her number. It's OK to give it to me. I will/may forward it over to him. You can trust me... I'm a doctor!