Rayburn Music in Boston is

Discussion in 'TM Lounge' started by trumplyr, Jun 24, 2004.

1. trumplyr

trumplyr Pianissimo User

Oct 31, 2003
    Rochester Hills, Mi.
    Moving. Just across and down the street from Orchestra Hall.

I was talking to Lee Walkowich from Rayburn's today and he told me that because of the move, they were starting a big sale. Any "in store" item will be sold "at cost" from now until the move. I really wish I had some disposable money right now. You can call Lee at 1-800-874-6767. Mention you read it here from Marty in Mich.

DISCLAIMER: Lee did not ask me to post this. I offered. I am not, in any way, affiliated with Rayburn Music. I am not receiving any pay, commision, extra discount, kickback or any other money scam you might think of. I have done a lot of business with Lee, been very satisfied, consider him a friend and wanted the trumpet world to know about this sale. That's all.

2. MUSICandCHARACTER

MUSICandCHARACTER Forte User

Jan 31, 2004
    Newburgh, Indiana
    If they are selling things at near cost anyway, how could they afford to pay you a commission, kickback, or anything else? :D

Sounds like a opportunity. In my home town a long time music store went out of business (the owner retired and didn't want to sell the store with his name on it). My oh my did I pick up some bargains then! $50 mouthpieces for $5. I bought a new, mind you NEW Bach 300 for $50. I own a music store, and I know that sometimes bargains can be had. I closed out some stuff and needed to get it sold so I could invest in a different line. I sold lots of stuff below cost. It happens. It is often easier to sell stuff than to move it.

Jim

3. trumpetpimp

trumpetpimp Piano User

Dec 6, 2003
    Toronto
    Cool! I'm going to Boston in 2 weeks. I'm definatly going to be checking it out!

4. trumplyr

trumplyr Pianissimo User

Oct 31, 2003
    Rochester Hills, Mi.
    "If they are selling things at near cost anyway, how could they afford to pay you a commission, kickback, or anything else?"

Jim, you're right, of course. It's just that awhile ago there was concern over on TH that people should identify themselves as making a profit on stuff they were pushing. They also had a lot of first time posters who only showed up to advertise or extoll the virtues of something (anonimously) and it turned they were the sellers of the item. It was kind of unethical. I thought the disclaimer was appropriate.

"It is often easier to sell stuff than to move it."

That is exactlly what Lee told me. He said they're a bunch of lazy musicians, not movers. :lol:

5. mheffernen5

mheffernen5 Pianissimo User

Thanks for sharing; you know that was mighty thoughtful and nice of you