Re: Hot Wax On Lips

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by TrumpetsAreFun, Sep 19, 2005.

1. TrumpetsAreFun

TrumpetsAreFun Pianissimo User

Aug 28, 2005
    California
    Hey I forgot to add about this. My neighbor (the one that recommended hot wax on lips) he was VERY convincing unfortunately :( and I was curious to try it.. but i was too chicken and not yet out of my mind to put HOT WAX on my lips. BUT i still wanted to do it because I'm friggin curious so I thought of an Alternative. I semi-burned my lips on hot soup :oops: (not to the point were smiling or talking hurted like hell :x or even skin peeling, just like a minor burn) My question is.. if a player somehow burns his lips, would that greatly effect his playing? Will it scar anything? I heard scarring is bad from a band camp instructor at my school.

2. wiseone2

wiseone2 Artitst in Residence Staff Member

Nov 19, 2003
    Brooklyn,NY
    I recommend a change of instrument, maybe to drums. It's for your health, pain is not a component of trumpet playing :roll:
    Wilmer

3. Manny Laureano

Manny Laureano Utimate User

Sep 29, 2004
    USA
    No, it'll go away. Just be a little more "heads up" when it comes to:

Soup (except for vichyssoise and gazpacho, those are cold soups)

Pizza

Hot chocolate

Any hot food you have trouble tearing with your incisors.

ML

4. Mikey

Mikey Forte User

Oct 24, 2003
    And watch out for hot cheese on pizza. I had a piece of cheese stick to the middle of my upper lip. When I yanked it off, some skin went with it............

:cry:

5. BPinard

BPinard Pianissimo User

Jun 14, 2005
    Setauket, NY
    When I was younger, I was sliding around on an office chair while I was at the dinner table. Needless to say, the chair tipped forward, and I hit my lip hard on the edge of the table. I remember I couldn't go to my baseball practice that day because my lip became so swollen. I still have a scar about the size of a 2 -2mm BB in between the center and right side of my bottom lip.

Lesson: Don't slide around on office chairs!