Re-Inspired

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by larry tscharner, Jan 22, 2011.

1. Dave Mickley

Dave Mickley Forte User

Nov 11, 2005
    Indianapolis
    growing up in the 60s it was a family gathering in our house to watch the LW show where dad and us two boys polished and shined our shoes for church. Loved to watch the great band and yes I remember JoAnne Castle play the piano and now time for Bobby and Sissy to dance for us. Great family entertainment. Always had a theme and one time when I went back home for a visit in the 70s it was disco night and I still remember that kick off - a one-a and a two-a and get down-a and get funky.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2011
  2. turtlejimmy

turtlejimmy Utimate User

Jun 6, 2010
    Oregon
    Buck,

Big Tiny Little??? Is that a real name? Stage name? And which is it? Is he big or is he little?:dontknow: funny .....

Turtle

3. Dave Mickley

Dave Mickley Forte User

Nov 11, 2005
    Indianapolis
    Really miss the variety shows in the 50s and 60s. Can't remember the name of the show but do remember the night the host introduced a young trumpet player "just out of the Army and he will go places" - I believe the young man who then played was none other then Herb Alpert.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2011
  4. Buck with a Bach

Buck with a Bach Fortissimo User

Dec 29, 2009
    Canton, Ohio
    TJ, Guess maybe that'll be a Google assignment. I'm assuming his last name was Little, and, he was big as in rotund. Tiny was more than likely a nickname. He sure could play ragtime:dontknow:

5. Buck with a Bach

Buck with a Bach Fortissimo User

Dec 29, 2009
    Canton, Ohio
    TJ, Googled him. Dudley "Tiny" Little jr.. Was on LW for four years, then free lanced. Died March 3, 2010. His father was also known as "Tiny" Little..........he was from Minnesota..............Buck:oops: