RE: JACKANSTUL spam message to all members

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by de_Genova, Apr 30, 2009.

1. de_Genova

de_Genova Pianissimo User

Sep 29, 2008
    Philadelphia
    xxx

Last edited: Apr 30, 2009
  2. rettepnoj

rettepnoj Fortissimo User

Feb 22, 2009
    Norway
    Eeehh....this was interesting!!

3. nordlandstrompet

nordlandstrompet Forte User

Apr 5, 2008
    Norway
    Which spam message from Jack Kanstul?
    I haven't seen any.

4. rettepnoj

rettepnoj Fortissimo User

Feb 22, 2009
    Norway
    Me neither!!

5. Markie

Markie Forte User

Jan 4, 2009
    Clarksburg, WV
    genova,
    If your instrument is faulty and you paid for it with a credit card, sometimes the card will have a buyer protection mechanism that will reimburse you for situations when you get stiffed. There is also your state attorney general.
    In closing, I realize you're angry but throwing slurs at people you don't personally know can really come back to bite you one the butt AND it causes you to come across looking less than you are.

6. de_Genova

de_Genova Pianissimo User

Sep 29, 2008
    Philadelphia
    I sent the horn back to Zig..........but he reneged and would not honor the agreement he made with me over the phone for a replacement horn. Instead he sent it over to Oakland for the vendor to deal with. I then had to persuade the vendor to return my money after a not inconsiderable hassle. After much difficulty and about three months time I finally received a refund.....................and now I am receiving spam emails from Jack Kanstul. This is an insult because he never even answered one of my emails to him regarding the problems with the horn..........As far as I am concerned - its a dysfunctional family and they ought to have their own Kardashian type "reality" TV show

7. A.N.A. Mendez

A.N.A. Mendez Utimate User

Oct 25, 2005
    Sunny Ca.
    [​IMG]

8. rowuk

rowuk Moderator Staff Member

Jun 18, 2006
    Germany
    Without knowing the details, unless you bought it directly from the factory, your contract partner is the shop that you bought it from. Even if the factory makes additional arrangements, they still have to keep their bookkeeping straight and that means the vendor stays involved. They are the ones that got paid and have to refund or approve the exchange.

Whether or not the vendor does what the factory says is another issue.

The FACTS that I read from this are: You got a horn that you were not happy with, tried to resolve the issue with the vendor (Jack Kanstul) who did not respond in a way that you felt was proper. You then went directly to the factory and Zig Kanstul (who you did not have a contract with) offered to help with a replacement. He then went back to the vendor to make arrangements and Jack let you down again.

Without knowing, what the real deal with the original horn was, it sounds like Jacks customer service is something that we should consider before buying a horn from him.

As far as spam goes, one E'mail gets you off of the list - there are enforcable laws in the United States that ensure this.

Jack seems to be a Kanstul Dealer like any other and that means we have no idea what his standing is with the factory. Just being related to the manufacturer does not give him any magic powers or increased business sense.

What was not right about the horn?

9. Markie

Markie Forte User

Jan 4, 2009
    Clarksburg, WV
    Hi genova,
    As everyone knows, the economy is bad and business people are hurting all over the world. Wouldn't it be unfortunate if Kansul's goods start to slack off shortly after your comments on what is arguablly the largest trumpet forum on the planet.
    You have to ask yourself:
    1)If you had to, can you defend your possible "product harming words" in a court of law. In essance, can you support your claims?
    2) Can Kansul support the claim that shortly after your comments on a very famous trumpet forum, their sales fell dramatically all other things holding equal?
    As for me, I would be afraid to write in such a manner for fear of painting a financial target on my back during some of the worse economic times on record.
    Good Luck!