re. rowak

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by vanbuskirk, Oct 22, 2010.

1. vanbuskirk

vanbuskirk New Friend

Aug 15, 2010
    florida
    just as him when it comes to the horn a tid bit. I have been on this site for awhile and sometimes I ask some questions for some input. alot of times and also reading oyher threads there is always alittle negative input when rowak answers a thread. We all aren't as smartas him but he should not be as sarcastic when responding to a thread! If u dont have something nice to say then dont reply!

2. Big Daddy

Big Daddy Mezzo Piano User

Mar 22, 2009
    Los Angeles, CA
    I always look forward to what rowuk has to say and agree with him most of the time. If you had to answer the same questions constantly to help others how would you react? It's very kind of him and others here on TrumpetMaster to take their time to answer questions just for us asking them. Take the helpful advice and anything that you find sarcastic let it roll off your back.

3. vanbuskirk

vanbuskirk New Friend

Aug 15, 2010
    florida
    I jus asked a question on a schilke and a kanstul a about a kanstul more I get the old reply well its not the horn tha player no shit I just wanted to know more about the horn anyway lots of luck all.

4. vanbuskirk

vanbuskirk New Friend

Aug 15, 2010
    florida
    I cant waitr and help peopl out thats it we dont need all the other s--- to see how he replirs to a thread its always in a way are u stupid etc. anyway again jist answe

5. veery715

veery715 Utimate User

Mar 6, 2007
    Ithaca NY
    If you end up hanging out here, you find that rowuk offers quite useful answers to many questions. He is entitled to express his personality as he does it. Don't let it bother you. Remember - this is a trumpet players forum. You'll need a thick skin to hang out with us, and to progress as a trumpet player.

6. gbdeamer

gbdeamer Forte User

Oct 16, 2008
    It's very difficult to understand your posts. Perhaps that's part of the problem?

7. oldlou

oldlou Forte User

Aug 28, 2005
    Grand Rapids, Mi.

Perhaps your awful spelling and sentence structure is partially the reason for Rowuks responses to you that seem to set you off. In your original post I still can't figure out what you were asking about the two brands of trumpets. I am sure that my response would have been questioning and ultimately caustic. If you want better responses to your posting, clean up your spelling, grammar, and sentence structure skills.

OLDLOU>>

8. s.coomer

s.coomer Forte User

Mar 25, 2005
    Indianapolis, In
    I agree with Old Lou, only I will also add clean up your writing. We really don't need the vulgar language either.

9. Clarion

Clarion New Friend

Oct 3, 2010
    N.E. Ohio
    I get a lot of the same guff from people on another forum that I participate in. Needless to say, it is for many of the same reasons.

Besides the spelling, grammar, and compositional errors already mentioned, many of them do not want an honest, forthright answer to their questions. They get upset when they are not told exactly what they want to hear. But, that's not why we're here...is it?

What can we learn if we are unwilling to listen to other far more experienced players (and people) than ourselves?

Last edited: Oct 23, 2010
  10. craigph

craigph Piano User

Mar 12, 2010
    Japan

Are you a non-native English speaker? Or just ignorant of spelling, punctuation and grammatical conventions? Or just lazy? It's hard to be sympathetic with someone who writes so incoherently.