re. rowak

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by vanbuskirk, Oct 22, 2010.

1. Mark B

Mark B Pianissimo User

Aug 20, 2010
    Redlands, CA
    Feel free to take my advice. Lord knows I'm not using it!

Mark

2. turtlejimmy

turtlejimmy Utimate User

Jun 6, 2010
    Oregon
    I think my only real "expertise" in here (so far) is low $ pro horn capture. I could definitely give advice on that .... :cool:

Turtle

3. chet fan

chet fan Piano User

Jul 3, 2009
    Ok, I see you are a funny guy. And infact youre good at it. therefore kudos.

Your friend hoewer few weeks ago attacked and insulted moshe mizrachi, and he also insulted moshe's dying friend, and an ex member of this site Morris. He insulted a dying man. Than I told him "Rowuk, how can you sleep at night", than rowuk said "I sleep perfectly, I was only telling him the truth."

Now tell me what kind of a man insults a dying man and his friend?

4. Big Daddy

Big Daddy Mezzo Piano User

Mar 22, 2009
    Los Angeles, CA
    I joined TM about a year and a half ago and only been playing as long and here is what I learned from being part of this community.

Before buying a horn try as many out as you can to find one that works for you the best.

Everyone's embouchure is different and that's the reason for all the different mouthpieces. Research, tryout and find the one that works the best for you.

Practice everyday in a way that works for you and make sure to rest.

There is no trumpet, mouthpiece, gadget or shortcut to playing high, low or good. It takes practicing daily to progress.

If you can record yourself so you can hear how you sound from the other side of the bell this also helps.

Play with people if possible or use a metronome to help with your timing.

Read and listen as much as you can to people who have made a career from playing trumpet along with other instruments.

There are degrees of sane to insane people who are trumpet players.

Try to check your spelling before hitting the reply button.....and maybe a few other things which might have slipped my mind as of this moment.

Once again, thanks for all the help!

Last edited: Oct 26, 2010
  5. Markie

Markie Forte User

Jan 4, 2009
    Clarksburg, WV
    chetfan sez:
    Your friend hoewer a few weeks ago, attacked and insulted moshe mizrachi
    ---------
    Actually that's Mr. Hoewer and yes he can get agressive. We've got him in fictional sensitivity training but progress is slow. Some of the surgeons are suggesting a fictional lobotomy.

6. fraserhutch

fraserhutch Mezzo Piano User

Jan 23, 2004
    Novato, CA, USA
    You don't know the history behind any of that. Personally, I find that that and trying to enforce your sense of morality on others is arrogant to the extreme.

BTW, it is universally known both here and on TH that Moishe is Morris. He's not fooling anyone, and in fact, he also tried to enforce his morality on others. It didn't work for him either.

7. Mark B

Mark B Pianissimo User

Aug 20, 2010
    Redlands, CA
    Oh! A sock puppet! Another fixture on just about any forum you can point out.

Generally, I have found people to be pretty good natured on this board. Seen a lot worse on some cycling forums. Most elite cyclists are pretty tiny guys, but you get them on an Internet forum and they instantly puff up to nine foot tall and appear to be near bullet-proof.

Mark

8. MTROSTER

MTROSTER Piano User

Jan 25, 2007
    Canada
    I'm a bit confused by your comments. I've always found to be very knowledgeable about all aspects of trumpet playing and the hardware as well. Anyway a trumpet player needs a bit of a thick skin.

9. veery715

veery715 Utimate User

Mar 6, 2007
    Ithaca NY
    Read the posts and you will see who Moshe may be (draw your own conclusions) - sure writes and posits (not a typo) like Morris.

ADVISE is a verb, pronounced ad-vize. ADVICE is the noun.

You use a tiddly to "wink" a widdly -it hops. The hopper differs from the hoppee only in action. They are otherwise identical. Take the widdly and "wink" a tiddly - you can't - because you can only "wink" a widdly with a tiddly.

You may close the thread now.

10. trickg

trickg Utimate User

Oct 26, 2003
    Baltimore/DC
    Doesn't matter - I'm unsubscribing now.