re. rowak

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by vanbuskirk, Oct 22, 2010.

1. rowuk

rowuk Moderator Staff Member

Jun 18, 2006
    Germany
    No, I haven't, but I sure would like to - over dinner with candlelight and good wine. It would be one of the "rewards" that I often mention as being part of getting a life with the horn. I'll bet mouthpieces, range and intonation would not be our main topics of discussion..................

I have played a carbon fiber Alphorn though.

2. tobylou8

tobylou8 Utimate User

Dec 22, 2008
    Virginia
    HAHAHA!! Better take the missus,if you know what I mean! ;-)

3. rowuk

rowuk Moderator Staff Member

Jun 18, 2006
    Germany
    Just for the record: I have NEVER cheated on any of the people close to me. I never had 2 relationships going at the same time, unless you count my trumpets. That is an orgy with my harem.

4. lmf

lmf Forte User

May 16, 2007
    Indiana USA

chet fan,

I agree with you.

Yeh, Rowuk "cuts to the chase" so as not to waste time and gets to heart of the problem. Some folks don't like his style, what he says and the way he says it? However, he is usually right.

Best wishes,

Lloyd

5. tobylou8

tobylou8 Utimate User

Dec 22, 2008
    Virginia
    Me neither. There are 14 in my "harem" at present! :lol:

6. Alex_C

Alex_C Piano User

May 30, 2010
    Gilroy, California
    Wow, I don't consider Rowuk to be like Dr. House at all. He's polite and VERY informative. I bet he's some pretty renowned player, but of course on the Internet no one uses their real name (except saps like me lol).

7. Dale Proctor

Dale Proctor Utimate User

Jul 20, 2006
    Heart of Dixie
    :xWho you callin' a sap?

8. chet fan

chet fan Piano User

Jul 3, 2009
    He insulted a dying man and his friend who was spending last days with him. They were both members here. He didnt show any remorse.

9. tedh1951

tedh1951 Utimate User

Oct 18, 2007
    The Wide Brown Land
    Chet, you clearly need to read much more widely here on TM. The reports of this "dying man" are quite overstated - Rowuk's comments however, in my opinion, are perfectly in order.

10. chet fan

chet fan Piano User

Jul 3, 2009
    read this

http://www.trumpetmaster.com/vb/f131/smile-embouchure-56811-2.html

rowuk's post

Moshe/Morris does not like contradiction. The world is full of it. The human state is NOT consistent, there is no one answer except hard work and a bit of luck. Success and good health are not planable.

In an internet community, members come and go for various reasons. Most of the times the stated ones are only part of the truth. In the WWW there will be challenges to what we believe. If we have an open mind, we can learn something, even if that is only that we were right in the first place.

Goodby Morris/Moshe. Better luck elsewhere.

the last sentence is horryfiyng, because morris was dying

Last edited: Oct 29, 2010