re. rowak

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by vanbuskirk, Oct 22, 2010.

1. Big Daddy

Big Daddy Mezzo Piano User

Mar 22, 2009
    Los Angeles, CA

Chetfan,
    I believe Rowuk was speaking about Moshe/Morris who on page 2 of the thread said, "I will now permanently leave Trumpet Master, too, since that is the only way to escape antagonistic posts like the one above". Rowuk wasn't referring to the dying Morris.

2. rowuk

rowuk Moderator Staff Member

Jun 18, 2006
    Germany
    Chet Fan,
    one last time so that you can understand it:
    There is a very clear link between Moshe/Morris whether you admit it (know it) or not. If he is dying, that is nothing that I have any control or influence over. I do not research the personal lives of TMers. If they want a more intimate relationship, then there are direct methods of communication available to us all.

I am not insulting a dying man. I post on what is posted here at TM, an open internet forum. If that is controversial, then it is quite possible that my reply is more "to the point" than some care to see.

On the other hand, if you ARE dying, how do you want the world to remember you? To Rest In Peace it is sometimes advantageous to "Go In Peace". Go does not mean leave the site. It means to travel forwards.

To be very honest, your constant whining is annoying. Morris/Moshe is free to contact me at any time by PM. We can sort out any issues ourselves without TM as a public wailing wall. That offer applies to any member of TM. My undivided attention on a one on one situation is the greatest gift that I can personally give.

3. Alex_C

Alex_C Piano User

May 30, 2010
    Gilroy, California
    Oh brother, to quote Jim Goad: "If we get any more sensitive we're all going to break out in a rash".

Rowuk is a frank, direct, GOOD guy.

4. RobertSlotte

RobertSlotte Pianissimo User

Jul 7, 2008
    Finland
    One does not have to be Sherlock Holmes to figure out that Morris and Moshe is the same person, with his Conn cornet and on and on writing about his double C´s, and Reinhardt etc. Rowuk is in titled to be as he is I guess... everyone is, that includes me so: Personally I have got the impression that Rowuk is very knowledgeable and I´m sure he is a virtuoso on the trumpet and a good teacher....do I like his style? NO!!! It is almost like he really likes to argue just because of the sake of arguing..he sometimes likes to say the opposit even when it is almost crystal clear he is wrong. What bothers me more is that the people here that has said the same thing in private conversations to me do not say it out in public even though they have an anonymus alias....like Rowuk.
    I thought trumpetplayers needed to have backbone?

Robert Slotte

5. Phil986

Phil986 Forte User

Nov 16, 2009
    Near Portland, OR.
    153 posts in a week. Rowuk is the HOT TOPIC!!!!:play:

Trumpet players just can't help themselves. If they can't get the spotlight on themselves (CF), they'll direct it on another trumpet player. As if it wasn't enough to be the loudest section in the band :roll:

trumpetnick likes this.
  6. edfitzvb

edfitzvb Forte User

Jun 10, 2008
    Woodlawn, VA
    Are you saying that we have egos? Whoa.... really? ROFL

7. rowuk

rowuk Moderator Staff Member

Jun 18, 2006
    Germany
    Hey everybody,
    if you have any suggestions, my PM box is open 24/7. Now that I know (again) what you all are willing to post, can we get back to trumpet?

I do think about everything said here. If any of you have questions about why a particular post is written the way it is, PM me. I'd like the opportunity to explain.

8. wolfmann

wolfmann Pianissimo User

Aug 19, 2010
    Just my two cents:
    I believe Moshe and Morris were the same person.
    Moshe was VERY antagonistic with his posts if anyone DARE disagree with him.
    Having a difference of opinion is FINE you just dont have to lose all your glue because someone thinks your wrong.
    So I take a grain of salt to all his posts.
    But Im pretty much a newbie on here so what do i know.

:play:

9. Haste2

Haste2 Piano User

Jun 16, 2010
    Vanbuskirk, I had the exact same feelings as you for a little while. THEN I realized he had taken time to answer my very own question, just like thousands of others. I then felt happy that he gave such valuable info to me. And, it's not like he flames or is intentionally rude. All is good, I think.

10. chet fan

chet fan Piano User

Jul 3, 2009

whoa whoa, I just spoke with moshe via PM. Are you suggesting I was comunicating with Morris (apparently dead by now)??? Or is it all made up? Moshe seems credible to me. His PMs seems genuine. So either I was talking to deceased man, or I was talking to a cheat. Now what was it? How can you be so sure? Even if they share the same IP protocol, moshe said that he is spending time with him in his home. So they could be using the same internet connection. besides those two are/were friends, their opinions are simmilar. Think twice before you judge.