re. rowak

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by vanbuskirk, Oct 22, 2010.

1. Heuy

Heuy New Friend

Jun 11, 2010
    Darwin, Australia
    Hey Vanbuskirk

Just take it on the chin mate:think: and don't worry about it too much.

I'm a newbe to this site, and they only thing that upsets me about Rowak is his avatar/profile picture, is just so cool :worthy:

But hey I don't think any one could really comment on different trumpets too much, as different playing styles, mouthpieces and expereince all add to different views, one might think great others might think rubbish?

I can really tell the difference between a trumpet and a clarinet and particular playing styles on each instrument due to having played both, not sure if i could comment on particular trumpets and their differences?:-?

cheers have fun

2. Brekelefuw

Brekelefuw Fortissimo User

Mar 21, 2006
    Toronto
    Why is it that everyone who complains about Rowuk can't even bother to spell his username correctly?

I tried to decipher the OP and couldn't, so I figured he was not from an English speaking country, but then I looked, and it says Florida...

3. oldgit

oldgit Pianissimo User

Jun 16, 2010
    Basingstoke, England
    maybe its just me but if i had the money i would travel to the man and get him to teach me trumpet.
    I need to know how things really are not just what the teacher thinks i want to hear.
    In all walks of life someones honest opinion is often not given, we have learned not to talk bluntly and risk offending.
    lets face it, the mans a bit blunt, but if you dont like it ignore it hes not in the room with you.
    my wifes blunt and have to wake up with her!!!

4. tedh1951

tedh1951 Utimate User

Oct 18, 2007
    The Wide Brown Land
    Gold comes in nuggets - there ain't no pointy bits - it's ALL BLUNT - such is the nature of ROWUK. And I, for one, give thanks. ;-)

5. melza

melza Pianissimo User

Mar 12, 2010
    Australia
    Its a trumpet forum, you can take in everyones advice, some you might use some you might not, its not meant to be taken as a personal attack. If you ask a question be prepared for different answers.

6. B15M

B15M Forte User

Dec 30, 2003
    Monroe Ct.
    Sometimes, it's hard to tell when the post really needs help or is just trying to start trouble.
    I would think that this thread is here just to start trouble. Here's why;
    I never did well in school. I can't spell for crap. On my computer, I have spell checker. It's free to anyone from Google. An old guy like me, might have a hard time finding it on the web but, the younger you are the more you seem to know about what's available.
    All that being said, I think you have to want to post like this with all the mistakes because it's to easy to fix.

7. tobylou8

tobylou8 Utimate User

Dec 22, 2008
    Virginia
    Better hope she doesn't read this post! ROFL

8. turtlejimmy

turtlejimmy Utimate User

Jun 6, 2010
    Oregon
    I think Lee Morgan knew what he was talking about when he said: "Trumpets are for extroverts." Rejoice! You're one of those who "gives ulcers, not gets them." (as Markie said ...:lol:). Hanging out in here will definitely thicken up anyone's skin.

When Rowuk gains your trust with his wealth of knowledge, you'll feel differently about him. In fact, has he been gone from the forumn for a short spell ....:dontknow:..... on tour? Welcome back, R.

Turtle

9. tobylou8

tobylou8 Utimate User

Dec 22, 2008
    Virginia
    Doesn't spillchukrere come standard on most modern word prossccing programs? I am in other forums and it reminds me with a little red squiggly line that I have goofed. So if your spelling is bad on a post, you ignored the red squiggly ( I have 2 on this post, can you guess which ones). Unless your writnig (oops) is incoherent, I don't mind a dangling gerund every now and then. :roll: If you don't like criticism, or a contrary opinion, don't post. That way, your wittle bitty feelwings won't be hurt.

10. B15M

B15M Forte User

Dec 30, 2003
    Monroe Ct.
    How do you know Robin has a wealth of knowledge? Has anyone on here heard him play?

I enjoy reading his posts but, how do we really know?