re. rowak

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by vanbuskirk, Oct 22, 2010.

1. tobylou8

tobylou8 Utimate User

Dec 22, 2008
    Virginia
    I've read it's a software, not a hardware problem so much, it quit blaming my problems on my horn(s), mpc(s), etc. , and just practice more. Thanks Rowuk! :thumbsup:

2. Dburn

Dburn New Friend

May 21, 2010
    Sooooo, after reading all this about Rowuk, I wanted to hear the guy play! But after turning my corner of the internet upside down and shaking it. All I could come up with is this nice review. (translated by Google from German)

"Rowuk" (trumpet), trumpet player, born in Heidelberg American origin, received his first piano lessons at the age of 10 years. Already at the age of 18 he received his degree in trumpet at the Eastman School of Music in Rochester, New York.
    For three years he played in Stuttgart as principal trumpet of the 7th US Corps military band, a stay, which allowed him many contacts in this country.
    His repertoire ranges from baroque music to big band jazz. As a chamber musician and soloist, he has numerous concert engagements at home and abroad."

Does anyone know where to find any videos of him on the web? I'm thinking my lack of success is because I don't read German, and just lucked into the above review.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2010
  3. chet fan

chet fan Piano User

Jul 3, 2009
    Rowuk is our Dr.House. Extremly clever and in the know. BUT he lacks social skills. I respect him because he gives excellent advices. But I also feel uncomfortable when he is around. You just never know when he will insult you. And when he insults it is done in such a manner that it rarely could be called an insult, so you cant complain either. But you feel hurt and that is where the problem is.

4. tedh1951

tedh1951 Utimate User

Oct 18, 2007
    The Wide Brown Land
    An insult is in the eye of the beholder - if you don't take it as a insult, it isn't - you chose.

Your concept of self is all that is challenged - if you are a true trumpet player do the Mighty Mouse thing ..... "Your (insults) cannot harm me, my (skin is) like a shield of steel". ROFL

5. Markie

Markie Forte User

Jan 4, 2009
    Clarksburg, WV
    Chetfan sez:
    Rowuk is our Dr.House.
    ------------
    Wow! So rowuk walks with a limp and is a heroin junkie?
    If you're gonna compare him to a junkie, at least compare him to Keith Richards.

6. craigph

craigph Piano User

Mar 12, 2010
    Japan

I have no idea what this means (I don't watch Dr. House). Don't you all feel uncomfortable discussing Rowuk in this thread? I don't know where you get the idea that he lacks social skills. I think that is uncalled for. I enjoy reading his posts, as I do all of the 'red' guys (Moderators) and more obviously experienced posters.

(By the way, 'advice' is an uncountable noun)

7. trumpetnick

trumpetnick Fortissimo User

Nov 16, 2005
    Vidin, Bulgaria
    I find this thread pointless and boring. We have all agreed that Rowuk's advices and comments reveals experience and practical knowledge. Though this is a social network, its primary goal is the exchange of knowledge and experience of trumpet playing.

Some youngsters seem to think, that they deserve to be pampered, spoiled or spoon fed by moderators. Therefore some more direct comments made by Rowuk hurt their feeling. Grow up. Music industry is a tough and competitive business, where noboody is interested in your complaints and excuses. Do your homework, and with a little of luck you may succeed in both life and music (even if music may not be the way you will earn your living).

I, as many others, am curious the see or hear Rowuk playing, but that's another story.

tedh1951 likes this.
  8. B15M

B15M Forte User

Dec 30, 2003
    Monroe Ct.
    I spent a long time trying to find a clip. Someone sent me his real name and I searched and still couldn't find anything.

I agree, good advise on here but I still want to hear him play.

9. Solar Bell

Solar Bell Moderator Staff Member

May 11, 2005
    Metro Detroit
    House was hooked on Vicodin, not heroin.

10. B15M

B15M Forte User

Dec 30, 2003
    Monroe Ct.
    And he is over it now and hooked up with the good looking boss Dr. again.