re. rowak

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by vanbuskirk, Oct 22, 2010.

1. Markie

Markie Forte User

Jan 4, 2009
    Clarksburg, WV
    Hot Damned! Thank you sooooo much!
    We always correlated October with octoberfest. Of course there's only one logical thing to do, Octoberfest must last for two months (as well it should).

2. chet fan

chet fan Piano User

Jul 3, 2009
    House is a fictional character. Hugh Lawrie is an actor. You should distinguish that. So as an fictional character House is perfectly comparable to non fictional characters, because he is moddeled upon possible non fictional character. Its not like Spiderman -that we are certain that he cannot exist. House as a type of character can exist somewhere. And IMO he exists in Rowuk, therefore I said Rowuk is our Dr.House

3. Markie

Markie Forte User

Jan 4, 2009
    Clarksburg, WV
    --------
    House is a fictional character. Rowuk is our House. So does this mean Rowuk is a fictional character?
    ---
    Personally I think Rowuk is Spiderman and he's been hanging with Keef Richards

------
    OK, I've had my fun. I'm outta here.

4. trickg

trickg Utimate User

Oct 26, 2003
    Baltimore/DC
    A comparison to a general family doctor might be a better comparison.

5. chet fan

chet fan Piano User

Jul 3, 2009
    Yes. He is fictional character. Untill we see/hear him, and maybe meet him he will be fictional character. Afterall he might be just awesome theoretist who never touched trumpet, but has read a lot of books on playing. You know everything is possible if you see only text. Who knows.

6. turtlejimmy

turtlejimmy Utimate User

Jun 6, 2010
    Oregon

Did I say "was"? I meant "is". As far as I know, the show is still going strong, and Keith is still saying he hates Mick, can't stand the bloke anymore. Despite their differences, the Stones are thinking about another tour. :lol:

7. trickg

trickg Utimate User

Oct 26, 2003
    Baltimore/DC
    People can put aside a lot of differences if the money is good enough.

8. Big Daddy

Big Daddy Mezzo Piano User

Mar 22, 2009
    Los Angeles, CA
    Did I step into an episode of the Twilight Zone over the last few pages?

9. gzent

gzent Fortissimo User

Nov 5, 2003
    Rochester, MN
    Rowuk, Robin, whatever his name is, is just another guy who plays trumpet.

His knowledge/advice is no more valuable than what anyone who has been playing trumpet seriously (semi-pro) for 30 years would possess. Is it accurate? Based on his experience, which is more than most users on here, then yes.

However, if you want to present yourself as an authority on anything you need to be peer reviewed. Rowuk is not. He's just some guy in Germany that likes to post a lot. He is not making a living as a recording artist and I can't tell if he makes a living playing trumpet or just does it as a side job along with teaching a few students.

Thankfully, most of what he says makes perfect sense to other players that have "been around the block".

That said, his style of posting could use some work as he does come across as a bit of a "snot".

My standard is Manny Laureano. His credentials, talent and knowledge are second to none, yet he is one of the most patient, understanding and helpful people you will ever meet. When he left TM it was a sad day.

10. turtlejimmy

turtlejimmy Utimate User

Jun 6, 2010
    Oregon

Yes. Do not attempt to adjust your vertical or your horizontal ... TM is in control.