re. rowak

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by vanbuskirk, Oct 22, 2010.

1. Solar Bell

Solar Bell Moderator Staff Member

May 11, 2005
    Metro Detroit
    Even more than the "ignore" feature, remember that you have to choose to come here.

Either select a bookmark, a favorite or type the name in you choose to come.

If you don't like what you get here, don't go through the trouble to select it.

If you don't like the advice, or the tone of type, (I made that up) there are other forums you can visit. Find a forum you like and go there!

2. fraserhutch

fraserhutch Mezzo Piano User

Jan 23, 2004
    Novato, CA, USA
    You have a PILE of ignores????? lol....

3. fraserhutch

fraserhutch Mezzo Piano User

Jan 23, 2004
    Novato, CA, USA
    One can learn from anyone if you so choose.

4. turtlejimmy

turtlejimmy Utimate User

Jun 6, 2010
    Oregon
    That's great!:thumbsup: ..... and ....

Well said, Robin. Welcome back.

Turtle

5. Dburn

Dburn New Friend

May 21, 2010
    Dark Knight, Yes, I searched the net for Rowuk, just as I have searched the net for just about every other Professional trumpet player mentioned on this site. Because I want to hear their music, hoping to enjoy and be inspired by it. I assume that is what a professional musician would want! And when I find someone who's trumpet playing turns me on I will probably buy their CD or purchase from itunes... Most musicians go out of their way to get exposure because that is how they make their living.

6. B15M

B15M Forte User

Dec 30, 2003
    Monroe Ct.
    I know I shouldn't but, as usual, I can't help myself.

In the symphony thread it's so sad that management says take it or leave it. The management of the symphony is horrible and we should just all get along and work it out.

In this thread, we should take our ball and go home if we don't like it.

Kind of weird. Now I just don't know what to think.

7. rowuk

rowuk Moderator Staff Member

Jun 18, 2006
    Germany
    It is really easy. When in doubt, practice more. Everybody had(has) their shot. I read all of the posts and no surprises. I slept really well last night in the knowledge that you all are getting your moneys worth here....................

8. tedh1951

tedh1951 Utimate User

Oct 18, 2007
    The Wide Brown Land

Awww Chuck, you've made me giggle again. ROFL

You Moderator's have such accomplished funny bones - it's a shame many just can't see ....... :huh:

9. Bagnewauckland

Bagnewauckland Pianissimo User

Dec 2, 2008
    New Zealand
    Don't really have anything new to add to this thread (usually agree with Rowuk), but thought some might appreciate the following, seeing as there was a bit of discussion on the first few pages about readability of posts...

Mi Spell Chequer, Eye Love It Sew

Eye Halve a Spelling Chequer

Eye halve a spelling chequer
    It came with my pea sea
    It plainly marques four my revue
    Miss steaks eye kin knot sea.

Eye strike a key and type a word
    And weight four it two say
    Weather eye am wrong oar write
    It shows me strait a weigh.

As soon as a mist ache is maid
    It nose bee fore two long
    And eye can put the error rite
    Its rarely ever wrong.

Eye have run this poem threw it
    I am shore your pleased two no
    Its letter perfect in it's weigh
    My chequer tolled me sew.

10. Solar Bell

Solar Bell Moderator Staff Member

May 11, 2005
    Metro Detroit
    Not the same at all.

This is not a gig, it is an open forum. Everyone is welcome to join and join in. There are moderators here to keep things civil, and to offer advice in different areas.

The mods work here for no compensation and are here at the request of the owner because they have something to add.

Again, if you are unhappy with the answers you get here, there is nothing keeping you from leaving. I try to keep things very lighthearted in most of my answers, that is who I am, sometimes, however, I have also answered in a way which was meant to send a message to the poster.

For the most part, everyone here gets along and the site rolls along.

Some of us protect our identities for personal reasons. Some of us do not. If you want to hear me playing, as one poster wrote, he found a video of me right away. Anything I say can be checked for authenticity, unless it is my opinion. My opinion comes from playing trumpet for 50 years and playing professionally in a tough market for over 40 years. My opinion may not be your opinion, but it is what I think, and some people are interested in what I think.

The same holds for the other moderators and guest artists.

There are and always will be some who will choose to argue with some of the best players in the world. ( Mr Wise, Mr. Carroll, and Mr. Kadleck)

Sometimes, our answers may seem glib or short or even sarcastic. It is usually in the ears of the person asking the question, rather than a purposeful attempt to hurt someone's feelings.

Please bear with us....and if you absolutely cannot tolerate us, again, there are other places where you may feel more at home.

Chuck Willard--Moderator--The Lounge