Reading a thread

Discussion in 'TM Lounge' started by B15M, Jun 11, 2005.

1. B15M

B15M Forte User

Dec 30, 2003
    Monroe Ct.
    When I read a post sometimes the layout is perfect and other times I have to move the text back and forth because it goes off the end of the screen.

How can I fix this?

2. soontir2432

soontir2432 Pianissimo User

Dec 12, 2004
    Queens, New York, USA
    When it happens is there an unusually long link inside the page? It causes the page to expand when they don't inline it.

Edit: Removed obnoxiously long link.

3. B15M

B15M Forte User

Dec 30, 2003
    Monroe Ct.
    No it's random

4. soontir2432

soontir2432 Pianissimo User

Dec 12, 2004
    Queens, New York, USA
    Refresh the page is usually the best bet.

I remember I would get problems like that here, though only on the main page. Takes four or five times to get it right.

5. Tootsall

Tootsall Fortissimo User

Oct 25, 2003
    Yee HAW!
    A page can become cranked 'wider' when someone posts a photo or picture that is of such a size that there isn't room for the information in left "sidebar". That's one reason I prefer to use Photobucket when I post photos... you can go in and edit the size of the picture so that it doesn't "spread the page" that you are viewing.

6. bandman

bandman Forte User

Oct 16, 2004
    Lafayette, LA, USA
    When you upload a picture to a website, so you can post it to a site like this one, you can resize the picture using a program as simple as microsoft photo editor. When doing so choose the option that allows you to edit according to the number of pixels. If you choose a width of 400 pixels ot is usually perfect for a site like this one. It also loads faster for the people who open that thread!

When you resize your picture make certain that you have it make a copy and keep your original picture -- otherwise it will resize and replace your original picture file.