Really? Its ruined.....

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by codyb226, Mar 19, 2012.

1. larry tscharner

larry tscharner Forte User

Apr 30, 2010
    dubuque iowa
    I'l bet whoever winds up with that horn has a real conversation starter. It probably plays great but not for that price for me. Custom trumpets are very interesting as long as you still have a daily player in case the custom is just for show. Face it, how many people would drive their hot rod to the A&P for the weeks groceries...not very practical.

You all know I like to be out of the ordinary, well, I think it looks classy. How it plays may be of secondary importance. Most collectors rarely play all of their horns, and if they do, its just for fun anyway. Best wishes.

2. BustedChops

BustedChops Mezzo Forte User

Oct 1, 2011
    Pretty darn cool if you ask me...But I'd probably be more inclined to pay 750$...A franken horn is going to be a tough re-sell if it doesn't work out.

3. rowuk

rowuk Moderator Staff Member

Jun 18, 2006
    Germany
    The chances of this "experiment" going bad is ZERO. It is simply a cool horn. I am sure that it plays just fine. A NOS Olds leadpipe would have made it closer to the original. As they had these parts, it was logical to marry them. There were plenty of "less desirable" NY Bachs in terms of blow and intonation, so if this works, cool.

4. brian moon

brian moon Forte User

If anyone wants go this route, buy the horn, give it to me and I will send you back this bell mounted on a Getzen valve body.

5. veery715

veery715 Utimate User

Mar 6, 2007
    Ithaca NY
    Its a BOLD SUPER!! I would bet it plays just fine.

6. Mark_Kindy

Mark_Kindy Mezzo Forte User

Jul 11, 2010
    Gainesville, FL
    rofl...wow that's interesting.
    I'm curious how it plays?

7. Buck with a Bach

Buck with a Bach Fortissimo User

Dec 29, 2009
    Canton, Ohio
    It has a medium bore. Tight?:dontknow:

8. veery715

veery715 Utimate User

Mar 6, 2007
    Ithaca NY
    The M bore Bachs I have played were not tight at all.

9. codyb226

codyb226 Banned

Mar 9, 2011
    Florida, US
    Yeah, they are not really tight. Tighter then I like, but better then other M bores.

10. jbkirby

jbkirby Forte User

Sep 10, 2009
    Dothan, Alabama
    As much as I would tend to shy away from hybrid horns, I agree that this is one beautiful looking horn. The buyer seems to be hinting that it will remain in his collection if not sold.

"If this add encounters some squeamish bidders due to the hybrid nature of the horn,
    I'll simply put this one in my collection of very best players, make it a daily player
    and sell another horn instead. Don't let a good horn like this one get away from you."