Really upset by this...

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by Churchman, May 27, 2013.

1. coolerdave

coolerdave Utimate User

Nov 7, 2009
    San Pedro
    written by someone who says "it only has three buttons, how hard could it be"
    honestly .. when someone says trumpet players are arrogant I kind of like it

Last edited: May 27, 2013
  2. Vulgano Brother

Vulgano Brother Moderator Staff Member

Mar 23, 2006
    Parts Unknown
    Sure, some trumpet players are self centered, arrogant, prideful and down right pompous. So are some conductors, actors, houswives, politicians.... Just about every demographic group is going to have these types--it is part of being human. We do require loads of self-confidence, because that is the nature of our instrument, and what we are asked to play often sounds pompous.

Last edited: May 27, 2013
  3. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    Not physicians though:noway: We are a humble lot... which of course transfers over to our horn playing characteristics.:bravo:

4. Recursion

Recursion Mezzo Piano User

Jun 22, 2012
    Cape Coral, FL
    rofl

5. Darten

Darten Mezzo Piano User

Dec 21, 2009
    New York City
    They forgot physically, emotionally and musically superior in every way as well.

6. Vulgano Brother

Vulgano Brother Moderator Staff Member

Mar 23, 2006
    Parts Unknown
    We're better looking than most, too.

7. Buck with a Bach

Buck with a Bach Fortissimo User

Dec 29, 2009
    Canton, Ohio
    Well, some of us are. But not I:roll::shock::oops::cool:

8. tedh1951

tedh1951 Utimate User

Oct 18, 2007
    The Wide Brown Land
    Sometimes Tuba players have attitude too - but then that is BIG brass ....

[​IMG]

9. motteatoj

motteatoj Mezzo Forte User

Feb 23, 2013
    Tuckahoe, NY
    Now I know why I was drawn to the trumpet when I was really aiming to play trombone. Poor trombone just sits in the corner. Didn't realize I was a personality match for the trumpet. My wife says its spot on though.

10. kingtrumpet

kingtrumpet Utimate User

Sep 20, 2009
    New York State USA
    I am saddened that some people would think this way --- let me be the first HUMBLE trumpet player on this thread. " I participated in a parade yesterday,there were 2 of us who played trombone --, I missed some entrances, and I left out a couple of lines, my tone was good, but my endurance sucked (seeing is how I just came from a concert with the trumpet, in which we had 8 hours or rehearsal and concert time on Saturday) ------ then I thought about that --- and said "yeah, I am the best trombone player that is also the BEST TRUMPET PLAYER that this band has" ----- I turned to a saxophone guy --- and said ---- "I'm a trumpet player, good thing this band has me willing to step up, otherwise they would only have 1 trombone in the parade" ----- next week they will want me to play both parts!!!! ROFL ROFL ROFL