Really upset by this...

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by Churchman, May 27, 2013.

1. Recursion

Recursion Mezzo Piano User

Jun 22, 2012
    Cape Coral, FL
    But the trombone is a fat trumpet with a BIG tuning slide, no? LOL

Somehow I knew KT would chime in... ROFL

2. kingtrumpet

kingtrumpet Utimate User

Sep 20, 2009
    New York State USA
    yeah, and I can play BOTH OF THEM ALSO!!!!! ------ ROFL ROFL ROFL ------ and I can take all the music in the band up an octave --- ON BOTH INSTRUMENTS ---- yeah baby -----KING TRUMPET to the rescue!!!! ROFL ROFL ROFL

3. kcmt01

kcmt01 Mezzo Forte User

Sep 25, 2009
    Polson, MT
    I agree. I have nothing against viola players, as long as they know their place.

4. BigSwingFace

BigSwingFace Pianissimo User

Apr 30, 2013
    Frederick, MD
    I play lead trumpet for a few community big bands. I completely blame the rest of the band for my ego. During practice, if I'm taking a drink or sneezing etc...there is an immediate sheepishness that arises in the band's sound. What they choose not to admit, and what I know to be true, is that they listen to the lead trumpet for cues before they listen to anyone else. And when they don't hear me, they assume THEY'RE wrong. I've played with bands where the drummer is strong enough to set the lead-ins up, and I welcome the break.

5. mickvanflugel

mickvanflugel Forte User

Jul 1, 2011
    Germany
    Which is (or should be) VERY close to the fireplace :lol:

But gents, let´s be more gentle
    on other instrument species,
    or mankind will become extinct.
    As you know:

What does a trumpet player use for birth control?

His personality....

6. Churchman

Churchman Mezzo Piano User

Apr 26, 2012
    I've had a pm from someone who thinks my original quote is genuinely accurate. Now I'm scared as well as crying...

7. mattiasc

mattiasc Piano User

Jan 14, 2013
    1. Denial and Isolation.

2. Anger

3. Bargaining

4. Depression

5. Acceptance

You're in stage 1. Just go with it, it is the truth.

lol.

8. SteveRicks

SteveRicks Fortissimo User

Aug 15, 2009
    Alabama
    And have you ever noticed the director just expects the trumpets to get it right with 95% of rehearsal time spent on other instruments? I'm headed to Pops rehearsal in a few minutes and know I'll count 47 measures of rests and right before we come in, the director will stop the band and say "let's just have the woodwinds." That will happen time after time. But let us flub one lick and suddenly we get the "what is wrong with you" look.

- just playing around on this post. Don't take it seriously.

9. bumblebee

bumblebee Fortissimo User

Jan 21, 2010
    Great Southern Land
    Actually, that's why it's a good idea to bring a novel or a newspaper to orchestra practice with you.

--bumblebee

10. mattiasc

mattiasc Piano User

Jan 14, 2013
    You're totaly right! I had a gig once with the big band i play in and the same day in the morning had emergency surgery(Not too bad but it was urgent). In the evening i went to see them play and without me they just didnt plas as slick.