Really young Troy "Trombone Shorty" Andrews.

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by Kujo20, Jan 31, 2012.

1. Kujo20

Kujo20 Forte User

Sep 29, 2010
    I just stumbled upon this video and had to share it! It features 3 really young versions of Brandon Lee (17), Troy Andrews (14), and Dominick Farinacci (17).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68PMuu24aVk

First off, to be 14-17 years old and being a guest artist with Wynton Marsalis & company.... DANG!!! Secondly, WOW! Even at a young age, those three were killin'! Crazy stuff right?

Hope you enjoy the video! What do you all think?
    Kujo

2. Dupac

Dupac Fortissimo User

Aug 19, 2008
    Bordeaux, France.
    Beautiful ! And full of joy…
    Notice :
    1. The handkerchief "a la Satchmo"
    2. The smile on Wynton's lips
    Thank you for sharing !

3. Mark_Kindy

Mark_Kindy Mezzo Forte User

Jul 11, 2010
    Gainesville, FL
    I had the pleasure of making Dominick's acquaintance when he visited here, UF, with a jazz quintet (the name eludes me at this moment, famous vibes player). What a wonderful guy, and great player he is. You can tell he works hard, especially by some of the advice he gave.

4. Kujo20

Kujo20 Forte User

Sep 29, 2010
    Your comment reminded me of this video with Troy and Wynton (many years later).

Trombone Shorty vs. Wynton Marsalis - YouTube

Just a couple of great musicians having a conversation and enjoying each others music!

Kujo

5. turtlejimmy

turtlejimmy Utimate User

Jun 6, 2010
    Oregon
    Great video! Trombone Shorty is a beast .... I can't believe what he's doing here, among all these distinguished players in a huge setting ... Does he not have any nerves??? Fourteen years old and he's tearing it up. Wow. Thanks for sharing!!

Turtle