reasons for dizziness when playing "high notes"

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by coolerdave, Aug 27, 2012.

1. kingtrumpet

kingtrumpet Utimate User

Sep 20, 2009
    New York State USA
    I am A-"maze"-d that you guys care so much -- but the lab rat, he knows what you expect from him --- ole KT here, nobody knows what to expect from him -- you see, there is a difference!!! ROFL ROFL ROFL

2. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    Yeah, I see the difference. This implies that you are dumber than a lab rat.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2012
  3. kingtrumpet

kingtrumpet Utimate User

Sep 20, 2009
    New York State USA
    not exactly -- you see -- you can train a lab rat --- but you can't TAME a KT!!!! ROFL ROFL ROFL he is like a roaring lion!!! ROFL ROFL ROFL KING of the trumpets!!!! ROFL ROFL ROFL

4. Dupac

Dupac Fortissimo User

Aug 19, 2008
    Bordeaux, France.
    Now that serious things seem all said, I can add my own stupidity: I would like to get some "Dizzy-ness" to play the high notes ... ;-) :-) :D

5. kingtrumpet

kingtrumpet Utimate User

Sep 20, 2009
    New York State USA
    actually - I meant to QUOTE Dupac -- don't know how I messed it up
    QUOTE :Now that serious things seem all said, I can add my own stupidity: I would like to get some "Dizzy-ness" to play the high notes ... QUOTE

keep the aperture small, the corners of your mouth tight --- choke up on the mouthpiece -- and give er some AIR ---- hold that high note (whatever it is) as long as you can ----- use some pressure if it helps!!! --- and you will get dizzy!!! I can almost guarantee that. Other than that --- go back to softly working your way up to high notes, consistent air, great breath support --- and 1,000s of hours of practice ---and WAH LAH --- one day you open up the case (after a day of rest) and you hit the double high C -------------------------and then you realize -- it is just another note!!!! and the lure of hitting it, is then gone ---- and in your depression, you hyperventilate, and become dizzy ------------either way, you will get dizzy!!! ROFL ROFL ROFL

6. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio

Thanks KT, that pretty much confirms my suspicion.

kingtrumpet likes this.