Recital Tomorrow Help

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by acmilan629, Feb 14, 2011.

1. acmilan629

acmilan629 New Friend

Feb 6, 2011
    Columbus, OH/Buffalo, NY
    So tomorrow night is my junior recital, and I'm wondering how much playing I should be doing between tonight and tomorrow.

I'm playing the Arutiunian, Canzon by Scheidt, and Quintet by Michael Kamen.

Any insight would be great, thanks!

2. reedy

reedy Piano User

Jul 31, 2009
    Wiltshire, UK
    well its way too late to be practicing now.... pick it up for a bit, do a few little bits, long notes mainly then put it down again you wanna do a little but not much :)

3. Al Innella

Al Innella Forte User

Aug 9, 2007
    Levittown , NY
    I would do my normal daily routine. Don't over do it. On the other hand, you want your chops to be in top playing shape. So don't skip a day either.

What I'm trying to say is, if you have a routine that works for you,don't change it.

4. trickg

trickg Utimate User

Oct 26, 2003
    Baltimore/DC
    Do not play until your chops are tired, but do play - hit the trouble spots if you have any and make sure you cover you bases in terms of flexibility, long tones, articulation, etc.

5. Ahenderson

Ahenderson New Friend

Oct 16, 2008
    I usually play a bit less the day before, and just visualize things going great. I practice a couple of tricky bits, and do lots of long tones and clarke, so the next day my lips feels very relaxed, and ready to rumble!

6. acmilan629

acmilan629 New Friend

Feb 6, 2011
    Columbus, OH/Buffalo, NY
    Thanks guys, I'm pretty practiced up so I'm not too, too worried about it, more just kind of worried about the high C at piano on the last piece I'm doing.

7. trumpetnick

trumpetnick Fortissimo User

Nov 16, 2005
    Vidin, Bulgaria
    "Hope for the best, prepare for the worst" I guess that now is too late to prepare anything, so the only thing you still have is wishful thinking.