Recording help!

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by MatanLevy, Jan 19, 2014.

1. MatanLevy

MatanLevy New Friend

Nov 7, 2013
    Tel Aviv
    Hi i just got a new zoom h2n audio recorder. I am going to recird a band that includes me on trumpet, guitar , double bass and drum kit. So i have no idea how to set up the devoce. What kind of set should i have all the options on if im recording in a closed room with no echo! Please help urgent tipss pleasee. Ps its for an audition

2. Reedman1

Reedman1 Piano User

Sep 5, 2013
    NY, USA
    I'm afraid you'll have to read the manual that came with it, which probably has a quick-start guide, or Google "Zoom H2n manual", or look up "Zoom H2n" on YouTube. Good luck. PS - these things are not that hard to use. Put in batteries, turn it on, take it from there.

3. TrumpetMD

TrumpetMD Fortissimo User

Oct 22, 2008
    Maryland
    Hi MatanLevy. I have a Zoom H1, and use it often to record my band. As Reedman1 suggested, there likely will be some suggestions in the documentation.

For me, I like to put the record out in front of the band about 10 feet. The downside is that I risk picking up a lot from nearby audience members.

Because of space limitations, on some gigs, I'm forced to keep it on stage. In this situation, I avoid putting it directly in front of any of our amps. I sometimes seem to lose some of the highs, depending on the position.

But in both cases, it works out pretty well. Experiment with different positions.

Mike

4. mrsemman

mrsemman Piano User

Apr 8, 2010
    Massachusetts