Recording of Jay Lichtmann's arrangements

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by [email protected], Sep 23, 2008.

1. showplayer@verizon.net

[email protected] New Friend

Sep 23, 2008
    About a year ago, I decided to start recording some duets and trios just for fun. My work schedule, while eclectic, leans a lot more toward the commercial style of playing so sitting down and recording in the classical style is an efficient way for me to keep both in check. I came across a website of Jay Lichtmann's (Princ. trumpet-Hartford Symphony) that offered free downloads of his arrangements. So, I started recording them. The arrangements are well-written and I thought it would be nice to compile a list for a trumpet ensemble CD. After getting the OK to do this from Jay I started with track one and 31 tracks later, the CD "Trumpets Alone" was finished. The CD is available at CD Baby: MIC SMITH: Trumpets Alone

2. jpetrocelli

jpetrocelli New Friend

Mar 6, 2004
    Norfolk, VA
    This is awesome. I will definitely order a CD. Jay has done an amazing thing by making all his music available to all for free. Bravo to both of you.

3. Showplayer

Showplayer New Friend

Jan 18, 2008
    Tampa
    Thanks Joe. Jay wrote some really nice arrangements and I am glad to now have him as a friend due to this. Hope you like it. PS, already working on the sequel.