Recording onto My PC

Discussion in 'Mouthpieces / Mutes / Other' started by talcito, Nov 19, 2005.

1. talcito

talcito Piano User

Feb 18, 2004
    I would like a recomendation as to which software program you TM members would use to record onto a PC.

I am looking for an EXTREMELY SIMPLE program to record myself playing along with things like Aebersold play alongs. I would then like to be able to burn the recordings to a CD.

Thanks

2. trumpet blower88

trumpet blower88 Mezzo Piano User

Jun 15, 2005
    Flagstaff, AZ
    I don't have any personal experiance with this, but I have heard a program called CakeWalk can do that. I've heard it's simple to use and fairy inexpensive... Maybe someone with more experiance can chip in and help.

3. Rick P

Rick P New Friend

Nov 19, 2005
    Graham, WA
    I'm coming back and was going to wait a little longer to register but I had to respond to this since my day job is in Informtaion Technology.

There are a number of options for recording yourself on the computer but doing so with other inputs, like from a CD, or creating two tracks of yourself playing takes a little more than just the simple software with Windows.

I've gotten good results with a piece of software called Audacity from http://audacity.sourceforge.net/ .

Audacity is open source, free, and it's available for Windows, MAC OS X and Linux. I've used it on Linux and I've just switched to a MAC and plan on using it on this new computer very soon.

Hope this helps.