recording using :audacity

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by Blind Bruce, Jun 30, 2009.

1. Blind Bruce

Blind Bruce Pianissimo User

Apr 17, 2009
    Winnipeg Canada
    I have downloaded the audacity program but my old eyes and education cannot figure out how to use it. There doesn't seem to be a "record" button. I have a computer mike connected to the desktop Dell but cannot get a response.
    Can anybody direct me?:-(

2. Labidochromis

Labidochromis Pianissimo User

Jan 7, 2009
    Armstrong BC.
    There is a record button, I haven't messed with Audacity in a while and I am at the office so this isn't a walk through, just advice.

1. yo will need to make sure you have selected the correct input device. there is a drop down list on the tool bar near the middle I think; should be a mic icon by it.

2. start a new session or job and your record, pause and playback options should become available. I think you can click file and new project to get started.

from there you can record a track, save the track add a track to the same project and even export the track. It is possible to export to mp3 format as well but you will need to download the appropriate encoder.

Hope this helps!

Cheers!

3. markquinn

markquinn New Friend

Jun 9, 2009
    Labidochromis is getting you off to a good start. I teach Audacity classes for other teachers and would be happy to help you where I can.

Audacity generally sets up correctly for your computer when you install it. the red circle button is your recording button.

There is a lot of informationi on the Web you can access as you need to, Chck this out to get you started: Tutorials - Audacity Wiki

4. Blind Bruce

Blind Bruce Pianissimo User

Apr 17, 2009
    Winnipeg Canada
    Many thanks. These will help a lot!!!