Recovery

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by a marching trumpet, May 11, 2009.

1. a marching trumpet

a marching trumpet Mezzo Piano User

Feb 11, 2009
    Murfreesboro, TN
    Well this monday exactly a week from today im gettin my wisdom teeth out (may 18). So I wont be able to play for a week from what Ive been told by the doctor, I also heard of where a few of my friends bled on their first day back to practice, so im wonderin whats the best way to reenter the playing field without compromising my embouchure for a few more days or weeks? Im one of those people that if I dont practice my range and endurance/tone go right down the toilet. and I need to be back up to full range and endurance by mid june because our upcoming show, from the rumors ive heard, is supposed to be fast paced again and I also heard our top trumpets (may include me) will not drop below the C in the middle in the bar line and not ubove high C. so how should I come back in when I first start playin? Should I just do my starndard warmup routine and stay away from range and quick playin with fast air? I plan to do the pencil exercise while im off for that week to try to keep my muscles strong on my embouchure. so how should I re-enter the playing field in your opinion?

2. rowuk

rowuk Moderator Staff Member

Jun 18, 2006
    Germany
    search for "Eric Bolvin" and "pencil". That will keep you from losing everything during your recovery time! Then long tones, slurs and easy tunes for a week, then the rest of your routine. If you have trouble, take breaks. Common sense is your greatest ally, not some fancy method that sounds good on the internet!