red ring of death?

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by AllxStar, Aug 7, 2008.

1. jsimpher

jsimpher New Friend

Aug 10, 2008
    that is one drunk trumpet player!!!

2. Hitman0042

Hitman0042 Banned

Aug 9, 2008
    Australia
    WTFF!!! IS THAT CIRCLE THING ON YOUR LIPS IN THOSE PICS!!!! How the hell do you get that???? I dont want my lips to be like that!!

3. tedh1951

tedh1951 Utimate User

Oct 18, 2007
    The Wide Brown Land
    Too easy Hitman - don't push against your mouth when you play.ROFL

4. ManGo

ManGo Pianissimo User

Apr 10, 2008
    London
    I'm sure that once someone creates such a thing it will be a great help!ROFL:-P

5. Hitman0042

Hitman0042 Banned

Aug 9, 2008
    Australia
    HAHAHAH it looks so funny

6. Puukka

Puukka Pianissimo User

Jan 27, 2005
    Krems an der Donau
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2008
  7. misty.sj

misty.sj Forte User

Jan 27, 2008
    Brisbane, Australia
    I was thinking the same thing! I was gong to recommend some good NZ beer but figured I'd get a big-time snark for it. :)

8. oldlips48

oldlips48 Piano User

Mar 1, 2007
    Hi Ted,

I don't use a lip balm with menthol. I can see where it would have somewhat of an analgesic effect.

Vulgano mentioned moisture coming from the inside out. That would be best, but I just seem to have terminally dry lips (gettin' old sucks!)

My thinking behind the lip balm is I want to produce my tone with my embrochure and musculature, I don't want to depend upon friction between my lips and the mouthpiece to maintain a tone.

(Something tells me the above remark could start it's own thread).

Anyway, IMHO :oops:

9. tedh1951

tedh1951 Utimate User

Oct 18, 2007
    The Wide Brown Land
    Yes,

I use the inside-out moisture trick too, and probably produce too much breath vapour. My Getzen seems to condense more breath moisture than any of my other trumpets, and dispite the Amado water keys, is susceptible to the occasional gurgling sound. I was just considering the ramifications of lip balm, rather than commenting on any problems I was having using such a product. The "problem" that I have is an academic one on your behalf.

For those of you commenting on Aussie beer - well, have you tried anything but Fosters? The best Aussie stuff is to had in small country pubs. It should be draft beer, properly chilled, (not like the Poms have it - warm with a cold pork pie) and consumed only during one's waking moments. Aussie beer is for those of us who are thirsty - simple really.ROFL

10. tedh1951

tedh1951 Utimate User

Oct 18, 2007
    The Wide Brown Land
    Yes,

I use the inside-out moisture trick too, and probably produce too much breath vapour. My Getzen seems to condense more breath moisture than any of my other trumpets, and dispite the Amado water keys, is susceptible to the occasional gurgling sound. I was just considering the ramifications of lip balm, rather than commenting on any problems I was having using such a product. The "problem" that I have is an academic one on your behalf.

For those of you commenting on Aussie beer - well, have you tried anything but Fosters? The best Aussie stuff is to be had in small country pubs. It should be draft beer, properly chilled, (not like the Poms have it - warm with a cold pork pie) and consumed only during one's waking moments. Aussie beer is for those of us who are thirsty - simple really.ROFL