red ring of death?

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by AllxStar, Aug 7, 2008.

1. ManGo

ManGo Pianissimo User

Apr 10, 2008
    London
    Double posting Ted? Praps you should stick to the Perrier!ROFL

2. tedh1951

tedh1951 Utimate User

Oct 18, 2007
    The Wide Brown Land
    My apologies All - the computer is to blame (isn't it always?) everything is just going so slowly this morning.

My Dad {when he was 76 y.o.} called his computer "the bug*er machine" - whenever he used it he always said, "Oh, bug*er". I miss his eloquence.ROFL

3. Vulgano Brother

Vulgano Brother Moderator Staff Member

Mar 23, 2006
    Parts Unknown
    If we blow from the bottom of our lungs, with hot, steamy air, we'll get more "spit." It is really good for grossing out violists, and is a good sign.

Doesn't the chilling make it a lager rather than a draft? I wish I were still in Germany, so I could send you some of the original Budweiser from the Czech Republic.

In any case, drinking beer because of thirst was a no-no with my ultimate frisbee freinds--we would chug water before enjoying the taste of a fine brew. My old cellar in Germany kept everything around 10 degrees Centigrade--perfect!

A rehearsal or concert was a different matter. We would use a single malt to test our lips (they would burn after a tough rehearsal) or use beer to quench our thirst, and the favourite was a "Black and Tan" in America. Guiness with Samuel Smith's. Yum!

In Germany, whatever the draught beer worked just fine.

I'll save my report of an arrest for drunken walking in Germany for another post.

Have fun, but not too much!

4. tedh1951

tedh1951 Utimate User

Oct 18, 2007
    The Wide Brown Land
    Hmmm, not sure that I want to gross out violinists - they are much too pretty - now "violarists"- well now that's a different matter. :woop:

5. misty.sj

misty.sj Forte User

Jan 27, 2008
    Brisbane, Australia
    On the beer tangent, Ted I heard that no Aussie drinks Fosters, but they export it to the stupid Americans. :)

6. Vulgano Brother

Vulgano Brother Moderator Staff Member

Mar 23, 2006
    Parts Unknown
    Violin, Violoncello. Bass Viol, no problem.

Violas, usually played by women who don't shave their arms and wear tank-tops are targets for this Vulgano. I can make them jump, and I do.:cool:

7. tedh1951

tedh1951 Utimate User

Oct 18, 2007
    The Wide Brown Land
    Please note All ... I didn't actually write that - nor would I have ever said it out aloud.

Misty my girl, please leave me to put my own two feet in my own mouth, and to change them at will - such a sentiment is not conducive to good Oz to US relations, and I dearly love the good humour and great conversations I have with you all on TM. {Misty, Misty, Misty, - shakes head and tutts with reversed tonguing - no mouthpiece.}

However .................. we Aussies do export a LOT of Fosters. We don't drink much of it because it is (in the Irish venacular) liquid "shite". :shhh::shhh:ROFL

8. Solar Bell

Solar Bell Moderator Staff Member

May 11, 2005
    Metro Detroit
    THAT'S funny! :D

-cw-

9. bagmangood

bagmangood Forte User

To quote monty python on australian vs. american beer:
    "American beer is like making love in a canoe, #@$%ing too close to water"

10. Clarence

Clarence Mezzo Forte User