Reeves Rim Width?

Discussion in 'Mouthpieces / Mutes / Other' started by Vessehune, Jun 1, 2004.

1. Vessehune

Vessehune Pianissimo User

Oct 31, 2003
    Sunnyside, WA
    I was checking out Reeves mouthpieces on Dillon's website and found 4 differ discriptions under rim width. There is Medium, Medium Narrow, Narrow, and Cushion. Does anyone have eny experiecne between the 4 and what are your thoughts!!!

Thanks!

2. CalicchioMan

CalicchioMan Pianissimo User

Dec 23, 2003
    Lombard, IL
    Brian,

I use Bob Reeves mouthpieces...I am not sure how to describe the rim although, I will say it is VERY comfortable! There seems to be a great "connection" between Reeves mouthpieces and Calicchio horns!!

I am very happy to use Reeves mouthpieces and would highly recommend them to anyone!

For more info why not give Bob Reeves a call? They will help you out!

3. rhdroc

rhdroc Pianissimo User

Nov 17, 2003
    Central Pennsylvania
    I've been playing the Reeves 40 series for several years. Before that I played the much larger 43W series with the cushion rim. The cushion rim obviously felt wider but not necessarily more comfortable. The medium rim works best for me. The cushion rim did give me something more to hang on to when I was falling into the huge 43 cup :wink:

I agree with CalicchioMan, Reeves pieces are really great. I've tried almost everything out there (even Monette, Callet, and Best Brass) and I always end up back with my Reeves pieces.

Now, if anyone has a Reeves 40SV underpart they'd like to sell, let me know!!!

---<Rick