Regarding recording

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by The Dutch Guy, Nov 21, 2009.

1. The Dutch Guy

The Dutch Guy Piano User

Sep 22, 2008
    Netherlands
    Hi,
    A click track is pretty much a digital metronome. You set is to how many clicks or beeps per minute you want, and how many beeps per measure. the first one is more of a beep, and the remaining ones of each measure are clicks.
    that way you know exacly when a new measure starts ect. once the recording is done, you can delete it.

2. beautgrainger147

beautgrainger147 Pianissimo User

Aug 6, 2009
    Rotherham
    thankyou, I'll be giving that a go

3. seilogramp

seilogramp Piano User

Nov 23, 2009
    Georgia, USA
    It seems that when I create new tracks with audacity they are always a hair behind. I believe this is because I'm using a USB microphone.:dontknow: I can work around this by using a clicktrack and only listening to that, while muting the other tracks. But I'd like to be able to hear my other tracks for intonation purposes. Am I missing something here?

4. The Dutch Guy

The Dutch Guy Piano User

Sep 22, 2008
    Netherlands
    I've got that too. What I did is:
    1 create click track
    2 record your thing, but play some notes exacly on the clicks first. after that you can zoom in on both tracks and make sure that the clicks and your first notes are at the exact same place.
    3 record second part exacly like the first ect.
    4 if you're done, remove the click track and your notes/clicks.
    I just played one measure in front of the actual piece I was recording.

5. seilogramp

seilogramp Piano User

Nov 23, 2009
    Georgia, USA
    Thanks for the quick reply. If I delete just .04 seconds of my first track (before I start playing), that is all it takes. Didn't think such a small amount would be discernible.

6. seilogramp

seilogramp Piano User

Nov 23, 2009
    Georgia, USA
    OK, did that. But now which do I listen to when laying down new tracks? The click track, my previous track, both?

7. The Dutch Guy

The Dutch Guy Piano User

Sep 22, 2008
    Netherlands
    doesn't really matter. whatever works for you.
    I play everything I have so far including the click track.
    If You delete the 'lag' between the click track and your recording after ever part, all you have to do is delete the first four seconds or so of the entire recording, and delete the click track and you're done.