Rejected...

Discussion in 'TM Lounge' started by trumpet blower88, Jul 21, 2005.

1. trumpet blower88

trumpet blower88 Mezzo Piano User

Jun 15, 2005
    Flagstaff, AZ
    Yup... thats me. Rejected...

She says she dosn't want to mess up a good potential friendship by going on a date... even if it is "just as friends"... Even after that whole embarassing litle moment we had the other night...

So, who wants to comfort me, and tell me it will all be ok?

2. Castle Bravo

Castle Bravo Piano User

Nov 6, 2003
    Sche├člitz, Germany
    Hang in there.

It will all be ok, but it will take time. Feel blue for now, but don't let it drag on forever. It's her loss, right?

These things happen from time to time. Been there.

3. ChasStarr

ChasStarr Pianissimo User

Feb 22, 2004
    NE Louisiana
    88, sorry for the "just want to be friends" punch to the solar plexus :-(

I'm 44 years old, married to the best gal in the world(19 years) and I still remember the times I got hit with that line. It will get better...eventually.

Just go rebait your hook and see if anything else bites. It sounds like you're young enough not to be looking for anything too serious. Find a young lady who might want to go out with you who you are just friends with. Some of the best times I had in high school dating wise were with girls where there were no big relationship pressures. Just good times!

Who knows what might happen. My wife and I were "just friends" when we started dating and it kind of took the pressure off of the whole relationship deal. We were able to be natural with one another to the point that when we did get serious, we didn't have to worry about the new relationship games that most have to deal with.

It'll get better...a lot of times good things happen when you're not even looking.

Chin up young man :D Good Luck!

4. davidjohnson

davidjohnson Piano User

Nov 2, 2003
    arkansas
    forget her. believe me, there are PLENTY more out there able & willing to cross your eyes with your heart's desire. you're in for a blast!

dj

5. Manny Laureano

Manny Laureano Utimate User

Sep 29, 2004
    USA
    Aaah, fuggedaboudit...

It's like standing at the bus stop, one shows up every five minutes. The ptoblem with us guys at that age is we act like the next girl we see is the last one on earth and THEY KNOW IT! That's why we get the "let's just be friends" line.

Play it cool. Keep your standards high and play hard to get. Take lots of time before you get serious about anybody. talk to the next one about as wide a range of subjects as you can, from music to politics to sports to broadway shows, etc. Talk a lot. Then you'll know whom you want to hang with.

ML

6. brian moon

brian moon Forte User

If I knew then what I know now I 'd have more kids than Shawn Kemp.

No, I would have practiced more and stayed clean.

Relax man. Like everyone has said; there are plenty of fish in the sea.

7. Clarino

Clarino Mezzo Piano User

Nov 9, 2003
    Sheffield, England, UK
    Hey, it happened to me just last week. I think I'm going to get back in there and take another swing though, I think she really likes me, but is a bit scared to risk taking it further.

Maybe you should have another crack at it too, the worst she can do is say no, and she's already done that. :-)

8. Mikey

Mikey Forte User

Oct 24, 2003
    Whoever says that women are not in charge have either never been married or are lying!

Seriously, pick yourself up and keep going. It is her loss. This same kind of thing happened to me years ago. I got dumped, big time. It took me 6 months to settle down and get over her. I eventually met the woman who was to become my wife (and still is :-). The day I introduced my fiance to the woman who dumped me was one of the happiest days of my life.

Far as I know, said dumper has been through 2 husbands, so far.........

:bleah:

9. Whataguy!

Whataguy! Pianissimo User

Jan 16, 2004
    Osaka, Japan
    Que sera, sera, man! Just remember that just pining won't help. Even though it may be hard to do, be positive about the whole thing. You could use your blues to write a new tune or a brand new arrangement of an oldie but goodie. You'll be surprised at what you can write when you're thinking about the "one that got away." Or you could pull out the Arban (or other method of choice) book to practice. Or you could workout at the gym with extra time on the heavy bag even. Again, be positive and channel that energy. The gals? Hey, they're always there, man.

10. Mr. Semman

Mr. Semman Pianissimo User

Jan 5, 2005
    West Brookfield, MA
    My son had his break up about a year ago. I will tell you what I told him. When you learn to have fun, live and love life by yourself, then the women will want to be a part of your life.

He still doesn't get it.

Gary